• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Desperate not to lose my locks!?!

Roccosmummy

Hi all

I know the hair loss question comes up a fair bit but instead of trawling past posts thought I'd be a cheeky and ask again!!
Can anyone recommend extra advise, supplements or vitamins I can take on top of the regular multi vits to help prevent hair loss and deficiencies??
I've only just recently stopped the post baby hair shedding and I'm due to have my bypass in 3 weeks. I'm desperate not to let my hair shed again. It's the main thing I'm worried about
:-/

Well in all honestly....nothing will stop the hair loss.
You can buy supplements or get the gp to prescribe items but it will still happen.
I've got really thin hair,dreaded going through this,but it wasn't as bad as I thought.
I bought perfectil for hair/skin/nails from boots.
And my gp prescribed zinc and selenium.
Still had hairloss....save your money..x
Just get the protein in your diet,your hair is made up of protein.
This is the best thing for your hair,in the early days when your on liquids.
Buy marvel milk powder add it to coffee/tea or thin yogurts(that you can have)
Try a tangle teezer brush,its more delicate on your hair..I found this a godsend.
Hope this helps

Agree with Emma, in reality its a case of just waiting it out. It isn't forever, and its worth it. You hear people saying they loose hair in big clumps, but that never happened to me. Its just a bit of heavy shedding really, nowhere near as bad as I feared. All you can do is keep your protein intake up, make sure you take your supplements, and eat a good variety of foods. My hair loss started at 18 weeks, its not been noticeable to anyone except me, and at 10 months its virtually stopped.

Yes make sure you take your daily supplements and its a good strength.
Losing a little hair was worth me being able to shop in topshop and river island!
You'll be fine don't worry x

I was recommended to use a right light shampoo and conditioner. And not condition every wash as it weights poorly hair down.
I've been using Aussie one for fine hair. Body shop also do a really good one.

Used to avoid volume shampoos as had a huge mop of lovely thick hair :(

Nothing stops it really, but I take a skin, hair and nail supplement and use a strengthening shampoo. It has slowed it a little, but not stopped it :-(

Fanks all. It sounds like the hair shedding process is pretty similar to post baby. If that's the case then I will manage. Probably makes it worse by stressing over it !........ And relax ;-)

Thanks for this thread guys, been looking at expensive hair supplement stuff but sounds like there is little point. Like Roccosmummy I lost hair once I had stopped breast feeding, first time it was quite distressing, second time it was expected so I guess I just have to prepare myself for a third time.

I am 18 months post op and finally my hair is returning to near normal, I lost some (not noticable to anyone but me) but it became really frizzy, dry and changed texture. My hairdresser said it happened to people that had suffered trauma, birth and big operations, he was right about it coming back again, it is finally glossy again and I am starting to get back to normal!!

Back