• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Spoke to Mr Sigurdsons secretary today Re: My Fundng

Linski

Hi all

On Mr Sigurdssons advice I visited my GP today to ask for a support letter for my Funding to be sent to Wolverhampton PCT. Mr S's secrfetary said she would ensure my funding request was sent Yesterday at the latest. I have compiled a support letter from myself again on the advice of Mr Sigurdsson. Guess what? My doctor informs me today it is actually South Staffs who will need to provide funding NOT Wolverhampton! My GP has already sent a request for Funding in January to South Staffs and the reply was as long as he says I fit the criteria funding is mine. He would need to fill in a form off the website and send onto them. This hasn't been done as Tracey Lowe said we would need to apply to Wolverhampton!!!!

So my regular GP gave me a copy of the origionla letter and said post that off with my letter (which he said was excellent) . If I need anything else just let him know and he will see to it. I rang Mr Sigurdssons secretary who said she needs to pull of a form if its South Staffs and get Mr S to sign it tomorrow along with a letter. Although she isn't very forthcoming on the telephone she sounded as though she knew instantly what to do.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't this funding issue and the post code lottery thing is just a nightmare. If I can get funding Mr S will do my op within 2 months as they lost my initial letter from my GP from last summer?? It turned up in someone elses file last week. I do hope eh keeps to his word I am so desperate for this op. I will try and post my support letter on here later as some opf you may find it useful. i used one Veron posted and tweaked it to relect my history etc.

Wish me luck everyone. Can I ask if anyone has funding through South Staffs recently and if so what the wait was like?

Thanks, love to all

Linski

You seem to be having a right mare Linski, but hopefully you are on top of it now.

I would suggest you keep checking to see the progress, although as one letter has already been 'lost' hopefully they will expedite for you.

Hi Lin,

Always good to hear from you and I'm so sorry to read this, goodness what a nightmare... if there is anything we can do to help or support we are here, sending love and a humungous hug as always... xxx

Sounds like you have had a terrible few months but at least it's going in the right direction, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck x

Very well done Lin... love and hugs xxx

Back