• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diabetes

I was the same asylum jiffy. I've been type 2 for aboutv15 yrs and been on insulin for 10.
After my op my blood sugars went sky high. They put me on a sliding scale for 12 hours straight after op. which rant I had to take my blood sugar reading every 2 hours. Not easy the first 12 hours after an op. but after the 12 hours my readings had dropped belw 7 and they ave stayed under 7 since. I haven't taken insulin since then. I'm on 2 metformin a day until my diabetic nurse feels I can reduce. I feel very lucky.

Type 1 don't produce any insulin at all - hence the need to go straight on insulin; whereas type 2 still produce some insulin so do not always need to inject, as the oral medications can stimulate the body to produce the insulin needed to cope with the blood glucose.

DAFNE is a bit more complex than just count the carbs and then inject - there are lots of other factors to take into account before dosing which will be taught in depth on the course, sounds like he is already making progress though Yvessa, which will make it so much easier for him once he's done the course.
xx

Back