• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

diabetes and insulin after the bypass

the doctor that i usually see is not on duty today so i'm stuck with one that does'nt even look at her patients before doling out the meds ..............sick note only this visit as i'm at the hospital to see the dietitian tomorrow afternoon i might get more joy there ;)

How did you get on with the dietitian? At least your work place realise you can't go back to work yet ... take it easy ... more you look after yourself now, the better you will be later!!!

:rolleyes: Listen to me!!! One of the reasons a lot of us have got like this is because we don't look after ourselves!!! We look after others, but not ourselves!!! :(:ashamed0005: xx

I am sorry to hear that you are back on insulin. I had the same problem myself. I was so fed up waiting for my blood glucose levels to come down so I started taking my long lasting Lantus again. However instead of the massive doses I used to take I am now getting normal readings on just 20 units which I split 10 units at 8am and 10 units at 8 pm which I find works much better for me than just a single night time dose. I no longer take my homolog before meals so have to report that things are slowly but definitely improving.

I am thinking that I will probably have to take the Lantus for the forseeable future as my sister has had to take 30 units a day of her Insulatard since her bypass three years ago. However from going from six injections per day to just two is a huge improvement.

I am thinking that I am one of those diabetics that have had the disease for just too long for a complete remission. It sucks I know but there is such an improvement I am content.

I hope that with time you will find your need for insulin will diminish. I also think that you may need to reduce any medication for blood pressure if you get dizzy when standing. The hospital stopped one of mine and my gp checked it and it was normal so if you are on medication I would check it out.

I have been provided with liquid Metformin but haven't tried it yet as once before when I had it I seemed to be living in a kind of fog all the time. I might give them a try and see how I get on with them.

I sincerely hope that you feel better soon. It seems to take forever to recover your energy after the bypass doesn't it? Give yourself some more time to heal and try not to rush recovery. (((((hugs)))))

I am sorry to hear that you are back on insulin. I had the same problem myself. I was so fed up waiting for my blood glucose levels to come down so I started taking my long lasting Lantus again. However instead of the massive doses I used to take I am now getting normal readings on just 20 units which I split 10 units at 8am and 10 units at 8 pm which I find works much better for me than just a single night time dose. I no longer take my homolog before meals so have to report that things are slowly but definitely improving.

I am thinking that I will probably have to take the Lantus for the forseeable future as my sister has had to take 30 units a day of her Insulatard since her bypass three years ago. However from going from six injections per day to just two is a huge improvement.

I am thinking that I am one of those diabetics that have had the disease for just too long for a complete remission. It sucks I know but there is such an improvement I am content.

I hope that with time you will find your need for insulin will diminish. I also think that you may need to reduce any medication for blood pressure if you get dizzy when standing. The hospital stopped one of mine and my gp checked it and it was normal so if you are on medication I would check it out.

I have been provided with liquid Metformin but haven't tried it yet as once before when I had it I seemed to be living in a kind of fog all the time. I might give them a try and see how I get on with them.

I sincerely hope that you feel better soon. It seems to take forever to recover your energy after the bypass doesn't it? Give yourself some more time to heal and try not to rush recovery. (((((hugs)))))

Fabulous post, Mandy ... hope you continue to reduce your insulin even more as time goes by & Joffy has a better week this week than last xxx :):)

Back