• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

did any 1 else crack?

fatbutnot4long

hi everyone this is the first time ive posted on this site - i was redirected here from minimins! anyways im due for my op on the 25th of this month - the bypass! however im on the milk diet and this is day 3 and ive cracked and ate! i fainted and had to eat! and i ate the worst thing - half my hubbys chinese curry! i feel so guilty - i know i wont do it again - i was doin so well - up untill now ive already lost 8lb! in just 3 days! but now im worried they will open me up and my liver wont have shrunk enough or they will know i have eaten and think i dont want this op - when i do but that was the first time ive ever fainted and i know it was because i was hungry! has anyone else ever done similar? do u post opers think they will cancel me :( ill be happy for any replys thanks everyone x

thank u for the reply im just really worried now :( x

I'll tell u a little secret....
Dont tell anyone! :ignore: (only person i've told)

2days before my bypass, i had 2 homemade buns!! :eek:

My daughter had made them with her Grandma, had icing on the top and everythin!

My op went ahead as normal, nothing was said. :flirt2:

Ur not the only one who caved. x

listen its happened you did and you know you shouldnt of. But whats happened happened just make sure you stay on the straight and narrow now. When i did the milk diet 4pts skimmed milk and 2 natural yogurts and gallons of water i made sure i made hot milky coffees every 1/2 hr throughout the day with half milk and half water.
im sur you will be fine just embrace the next 10 days and the milk as if it were your best friend taking you on a journey to yr fianl important destination.

shell thank u so much! that just made me feel so much better - if they never knew 2 days b4 they wont know from 10 right? i deffo wont do it again - i want this so bad! thanks for the reply :) x

i have done i had a chip butty last night, i know so wrong of me but cause i havent eaten anythin fatty or greasy for 2 weeks my body was not impressed so i wont doing it again xx

Guilty as charged!!

I also caved during the milk diet and ended up doing my own version of low fat, low carbs low cals. :(

Still managed to lose about 5lbs and everything went well for the op.
But do your best! The hot, milky coffee idea is good, and I made hot milk regularly which certainly helped me :)

Good Luck!!

You've got to be really careful Kirsty. It can lead to complications or a really strict surgeon saying no.

You still have time to get back on track and maybe its good that you have fallen so early. I didn't do a milk diet I was on the atkins style one so I'm not sure how much variety you have but Im sure you can try and switch it up over the next week or so.

Stay strong and focused its so close you can nearly touch it.

thanks for the comment - the problem with me is... im just aloud milk 3 pints 1 oxo cube and if i find it really hard no added sugar jelly! but i dont drink hot drinks - any! and i hate milk!!! so its really really hard... thanks for the comment thou :) x

thanks for the comments everyone... i wont do it again - i dont care how hard it is... i really need this op and if i mess this up then god knows where ill be in a yr 2 come! thanks thou :) x

Yeah, it is tough and I'm sure many have had a blip but as people have said here, it's JUST a blip - don't do it again. It'll be tough but you have such an important goal to aim for. The milk diet SUCKS and I really sympathise with you x

thanks - yep i told them i hated it but theres not much they can do except add the crusha no added sugar flavs! when i was on the milk to lose the 5% - i was on the milk diet for 4 weeks and i done 2 weeks milk and 2 weeks slimfast the let me do that but this time its just milk to shrink my liver. x

Seriously, if you don't like milk then you should contact your dietician at the hospital who may be able to offer you an alternative. I followed the 10 day milk diet, same as you and it was really hard, I was starving. Remember, the point of this diet is to shrink your liver not necessarily to lose weight. Milk is used as it is an 'all round' food meaning that it gives you a lot of your nutritional needs. I made milk jellies which were a good way of utilising the milk and sugar free jelly. I did go off track for a couple of days, but only by adding 2-4 ounces of chicken a day when I was working. I didn't ask about the size of my liver after my surgery, but I know that it prepared me for the post-op fluids only period. Now that I am eating sloppies I am savouring every single tintzy little teaspoon of taste.

Good luck.

Hi,

I did my pre-op diet for 10 days prior to my op and everything was fine, so if you keep on track now there should be no problem. I suppose it is better to cave early and learn from it than near then end, as you've still got time to reduce the fluid in your liver that the curry will have put back there, had it been a day or two before your liver may not have reduced it's size and then the surgeon will have had problems.
I felt like caving on a number of occassions when I did mine, but I just remembered why I was doing it and this motivated me enough to carry on :)

Back