• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very inspired & lots of questions for you all...

POPPET

Sunny Horizons
:wave_cry:Hi,
I have been reading all your posts for some time - & feel as if I already know some of you!

It is only in the last 6 months that I have started my journey down the WLS road - having tried (& often succeeded)at a large variety of diets/weightloss methods over the years - only to regain what must be an amount equivalent in weight to a very large mammal:eek:
My latest attempts to reduce my BMI have been my most successful-in that (as yet!) I haven't put it all back on - involved VLCD's

I just wondered which "diet" others felt they have had the best results from???

the best diet pre op i ever done was a 700 cal a day one i just lived on salad but ate usually about 5 times a day big bowls of the stuff other than that the only other time iv lost weight was when on reductil stuff was brill till my blood pressure went up. best of luck on your journey

Atkins worked but I stopped it and yes regained everything, since having my band I can stick to a good calorie limit which is working for me personally and has been approved by my surgery team and dietician. Without the band I was just finding controlling portions far too diffcult.

Welcome to Minimins!! Where are you from??

Hi Meggie - thanks for the welcome - I'm still very much a novice on computers - so will get my kids to help me complete my profile-
I'm another Manchester girl

Hi Gaelicgirl,
Thanks for answering - yes I loved the HUGE platefuls allowed on S.World-but I started putting stuff on the plate that I shouldn't!

Hi serenitylove,

Yes I've lost a couple of times with reductile - but too many sleepless nights & bad pins & needles

Welcome to minimins. The best sutained weight loss I had was when I joined Slimming World and increased my activity levels. Needless to say, I've put it all back on and then some.

Rebirth

Hi Neen,
Thanks for the reply - I think Atkins is one of the few diets I've not tried

Hi Rebirth,
Thanks for the welcome - yes I think including exercise is what the "experts" mean when they say make "life-style changes"!!!
I'm guilty of not doing so!

My most successful diet involved one of the smaller lesser known clubs called 'Super Slim' (something we all want to be). It was about 13 yrs ago and i lost 83lb on it, i was very strict and stuck to it religiously (not easy considering i was working about 20 hours a week in the local chippy at the time, and it was flipping good chippy too). Then i got pregnant and put it all back on again. Did the diet again after having my daughter, lost about 21lb and got pregnant again.. That was it for me, sterilised n fat for a long time since!

Hi Julie,
Gosh that was some loss!Group support is a wonderful thing

Hi Gaynor,
I still have a few of my WW cards from years ago-wouldn't like to add up all the £'s as well as lbs I lost!

hi Julie, i went to weight watchers and lost 5 stone just before i moved to Wolverhampton and discovered the chips ha ha it wasn't Majors that you worked in was it? ooooh there fish and chips are to die for lol or should i say were now i have put myself on a life long bann from there ha ha :wave_cry::break_diet::cry:

hi SW was the best for me i lost 4st but had to stop going and yes it all went back on plus some. were in manchester are you?...................kath x

Hi Poppet, for me the best one was Reductil but had to stop taking it in the end because it was giving me really bad headaches. Seems its common to have one side effect or another with it. WW was also fairly effective.

Good luck,
Cuppacocoa xx :)

Hi wannabeslimagain,katsofat & cuppacocoa,

Thanks for your answers ladies - it's good to know what's worked for others - 'cos I know even if I get funding for WLS there are many months of dieting ahead -well years(hopefully!) given that a new way of eating will have to be learned after surgery

Back