• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet and food advice urgent please read

Andrea73

My scales have only moved 2 lbs since beginning of April. I am really fed up. I am always really busy every day so maybe that doesn't help. On a typical day this is what I eat:

Breakfast at work - nature valley chewy trail bar
Snack - piece of fruit
Lunch - babybel, some meat
Dinner - chicken breast and salad
Snacks - low fat crisps, or fruit
Also may have some mint humbugs.
Oh forgot also have an actimel in the morning.

If my diet is completely wrong could anyone give me advice on what I should be eating to get this weight loss moving.

I do a fair bit of walking and go to the gym 1-2 times per week.

Because I had my op in Manchester and I am in Edinburgh then I have had no in person follow-up appointments. I have had 2 appointments over the phone with the dietician.

Sorry for the long ramble but I am getting fed up.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Andrea,

I'm not the best to advise on this but I think it looks okay, you might want to increase the protein. Could it be that the weight-loss has reduced because you're not far off target now? Or perhaps you're gaining muscle but losing fat?

X

I agree with Porpo..also check your salt intake is not too high and making you hang on to water too much.
Drink loads and keep going...and I imagine you're doing resistance training to add lean muscle..that will burn fat just by being there and enhance the cardio you do.
I know the less you have to lose the more you have to ramp up the exercise to get out of a rut. Are you eating enough with the busy lifestyle? Maybe you aren't eating enough calories? What do the trainers at the gym advise on intake?

I think the nearer to target you get, the harder it is to lose. I am currently aiming for 5lb per month. It's not easy.

Are you still eating to restriction? I have to remind myself to do this sometimes, to stop me getting hungry and snacking an hour later.

Are you drinking enough? We all know how important that is.

Are you eating enough roughage/vegetables? If I don't eat enough to keep my bowels moving regularly, I don't lose weight.

Are you eating a big enough lunch? That doesn't sound enough to me.

Are you getting enough variety in your diet? If I eat the same things all the time my body doesn't like it.

You will have lost some muscle during your journey so exercising will initially want to replace that, I am suffering from this also, it's completely natural and healthy so not something to worry about.

Only other thing I can suggest is replacing one of the snacks with a protein based snack. I am currently snacking on mini quorn sausages rather than fruit in an afternoon, and it's helping.

I would also suggest having some breakfast before you go to work. I struggle with this, but the weeks I have scrambled egg and beans for breakfast a few times, seems to be the weeks I lose more than other.

That's all I can think of. Good luck

Rx

I'm very similar to Rose weight loss has really slowed down with just over a stone to go to healthy bmi. I have always eaten often but like you Andrea some days i'm too busy at work. My diet is a mix of protein and carbs. Just make sure you are eating enough and aim to drink at least 2 litres of fluid a day. Your start weight was on the lighter side compared to some of us and maybe this contributes to why you are losing it slowly. You have done really wel and you must be nearing a healthy bmi, so don't get too downhearted it will happen, just look at what you have acheived so far. If you fancy meeting for a coffee i'm happy to catch up with you anytime xx

Thanks for your advice. I know that my bmi is now 28 and healthy should be 25 so technically I'm still classed as overweight. My clothes size is a 14 and today I got into a 12 in Next so maybe I should just stop worrying about it and be happy with the shape I am and if I lose, then it will happen.

Thanks for all your great advice though.

Allie, would love to meet up sometime. Maybe during the school holidays, though would still have at least one child with me!! Would that suit you?

Back