• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diet Clubs

I thought when I was banded that would be the end of diet clubs. I was banded in May 2011 and haven't lost as much weight as I'd hoped. My friend is joining Slimming World on Thursday so I was thinking of going with her as I want to give myself a bit of a kick up the bum.

Has anyone joined a slimming club after being banded and do you have to disclose the fact?

Sharon

Hi ya I loved slimming world I found it easier to follow than weight watchers fitting in with everyday life and the things I could cook for all the family, any things worth a go, ild only disclose u r banded if u feel the need too, remember some ppl can b very jealous and wen u start loosing the weight bcus u r following the plan the others may say things like well it's cus she got a band she's cheating, we know as fellow Wls ppl that this isn't true and u will need to work just as hard especially at the start to get the weight moving again but I don't think u need to tell them as they may use this against u!! I know I wouldn't feel the need to tell ppl if I was to join not bcus I'm embarrassed I had surgery but for the fact that it's no one else's business!!!
Good luck hun and well done for taking the decision to go bk ti a slimming class ppl often forget the band/ bypass/ sleeve is just a tool and anything we can do to help it along is great, iv joined the gym today to try and get my last few stone off, I had a bypass April 2011 iv lost 10 stone 11lb which I'm ecstatic about but iv still a few stone to shift so going gym and if that don't work I'll b joining u at slimming world ;-) hold ur head high and know ur there to help urself and ur do it I wish u all the best xx

Chops I agree with Laura. You will get jealous people *****ing about you. Why mention it when it isn't necessary. Good luck with SW.

i dont think you need to mention it. some people think that by having surgery you are cheating... but as you and we know that is definately not the case.. so go along if that s what you want to do... you will get lots of recipe ideas along the way and also have a weekly weigh in.. so go and enjoy xxx

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm definately not finding this band malarkey easy - I need all the help I can get at the moment. Phoned for another dietician appointment and fill but it's me I need to sort out more importantly rather than the restriction, that's just a tweak.

You have done really well Laura, all that weight in less than a year - very impressed x

I had wondered about joining a slimming club such as Slimming World. Did it before (as with many other diets as we all have) but thought that by joining might help even though I am only three months post op.

Think that Slimming World has changed quite a lot since I was last a member, but as mentioned it seems to be the one that fits in with other family members and lifestyles the best.

Another plus would be that by joining in January a lot of clubs have offers on and joining is sometimes free. :D

I think joining is half price at the moment Neeta so £9.95 for the first week.

Thanks for that Chopster. No doubt the leaflets will start pouring through the letter box soon enough. :D

I have my follow up appointment on Thursday with my Surgeon so may ask him if he thinks it's a good idea, but don't really want him to think that I am on a diet as such, just there for the support.

The Chopster said:
Thanks all for the kind words. I'm definately not finding this band malarkey easy - I need all the help I can get at the moment. Phoned for another dietician appointment and fill but it's me I need to sort out more importantly rather than the restriction, that's just a tweak.

You have done really well Laura, all that weight in less than a year - very impressed x

Thank you hun, it's been difficult at times but well worth it, good luck at slimming world lovely xx

Join if it will get you in the right frame of mind and get you on track but I wudnt tell them about your op. Think there would be alot of back stabbing going on. It's a great healthy eating plan and you will get lots of support.
Good luck with what ever you decide.

Back