• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your Opinion on Slimmimg Clubs

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Right so I started out at
I am now
and Im doing OK :rolleyes:

Its just that I miss the camaraderie of a diet group
The weekly weigh in and the chats about different slimming products..
Dont know what I would do if I didn't have you guys xxx

I have decided to go back to Slimming World in my opinion it is the best and healthiest diet anyway

The leader knows me, she knows I am banded and will not be eating the pasta and potato's unlimited, she also knows I am going for support and the W.I so she understands I am not doing the SW diet to the letter

I know I cannot be slimmer of the week and win the fruit basket..
But you know what its bigger than that..
I want the ultimate award at the end of my slimming journey.....LIFE :)

So what do you all think :)

I did SW for around 6 years, WW for 3, Rosemary Conley for a few months. I don't think group sessions are really my thing!

There are a few people on here who go to SW - if it helps, why not?

If it works for you - why not!?

Slimming World has changed a lot, it's not just red and green days anymore - which for me where a nightmare pre op! Tell a person they can have as much rice and pasta as you want and boy will they. I never lost an ounce!

From what I gather its more protein, fruit and veg focused - so good for us lot.

Good luck xx

I did SW for around 6 years, WW for 3, Rosemary Conley for a few months. I don't think group sessions are really my thing!

There are a few people on here who go to SW - if it helps, why not?

Thank you Sarah xxx:)

If it works for you - why not!?

Slimming World has changed a lot, it's not just red and green days anymore - which for me where a nightmare pre op! Tell a person they can have as much rice and pasta as you want and boy will they. I never lost an ounce!

From what I gather its more protein, fruit and veg focused - so good for us lot.

Good luck xx

Thank you Mazza
its just I want the best continuity for my journey and I think it might help me to remain focused and on track :)

I like it but you do have to know yourselves and a bit like hat minn says - you have to take from it what works for you.

the only important thing is what you think and what works for you. This is such an ongoing journey, one we can feel quite isolated on at times. My provider said today I can go for weekly weigh ins. But a 2+ hour round trip doesn't really work lol

I think the weigh ins etc help to keep on track and you feel as if there's some accountability and I think can help to spur us on - if it works off you Val, then Go for it :)

I love slimming world. Only been going for 3 weeks but I love the group setting. So nice to support people and be supported. My group lets me win slimmer of the week. I don't know why it is a problem because you have to follow it to stand a chance to win. Although I'm a 18 months out so I don't get any loses unless I'm a hundred percent focused. In fact I find I gain if I eat more than 1200 calories a day. I don't count any more now I'm doing this but it's working. Lost 6.5 on slimming world so far and it really does encourage you to eat well. I never worried about calcium and fibre before. Now I make sure I get it daily but obviously don't go over the top of the unlimited carbs like rice and potatoes. I have loads of free salads so I'm never hungry :)

Good luck Val, I hope it works for you!

I personally hated Slimming World. I hated the group meetings, they felt very patronising and the group was so big it went on FOREVER. I had to stay because I was NHS-funded. I also disagreed with the diet because there was no portion control, and I also found it very limited.

I much preferred Weight Watchers, mostly because I just went to get weighed, then left! I felt the points system worked much better for me.

Thank you all for your support and comments...I think the weekly weigh in will benefit me

Any way my friends I went tonight I enjoyed it very much the leader know fully that I am adapting the diet to fit in with my band and she is happy with that :)

watch this space :)

Good luck. A girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do to make the band work best for them xxx

the only important thing is what you think and what works for you. This is such an ongoing journey, one we can feel quite isolated on at times. My provider said today I can go for weekly weigh ins. But a 2+ hour round trip doesn't really work lol

I think the weigh ins etc help to keep on track and you feel as if there's some accountability and I think can help to spur us on - if it works off you Val, then Go for it :)

Hi TK
I never thought to ask my provider if they do more regular weigh ins :/
maybe at next Fill I will chat about it, but as you say you have to travel some distance to get to the provider :/

Thank you all for your support and comments...I think the weekly weigh in will benefit me

Any way my friends I went tonight I enjoyed it very much the leader know fully that I am adapting the diet to fit in with my band and she is happy with that :)

watch this space :)

Your group sounds much better than mine was!! I wish you all the best hun xx

Your group sounds much better than mine was!! I wish you all the best hun xx

Hi Hun
Just read your a bit down with your band
I know the feeling waiting for that one magical fill that will make us all able to tolerate the hunger
Chin up sweetpea, we will help one another xxxx:wave_cry:

Glad it went well for you tonight Minn:)

Loved the atmosphere all like minded people wanting to loose weight

I think when you are still hungry with your band until you get to restriction some of us need the extra support of a group ..so we will see how it go's xxx

Back