• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietitian appointment tomorrow

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hiya everyone, I have a dietitian appointment tomorrow and haven't got a clue what to expect. I'm not even sure it's a bariatric appt. When my doctor said he would refer me he said its not that easy and I have to see the dietitian first, then Igot this appt through the post. Gawd! whats going to happen? lol any advise woyld be very gratefully received, thanks :) xxx

Caren,

All depends on the dietician you see.

They should go through your eating habits and food choices and portion sizes. If it's a bariatric specific appointment they will look at your weight history and triggers for loss/gain over the years.

Really, it's one of those length of a piece of string questions!

Tatiana

Caren,

All depends on the dietician you see.

They should go through your eating habits and food choices and portion sizes. If it's a bariatric specific appointment they will look at your weight history and triggers for loss/gain over the years.

Really, it's one of those length of a piece of string questions!

Tatiana
ah right, so i'll just have to wait and see, thanks mate :) xxx

The dietician was my first appointment, I thought it was a bariatric one, but turned out it wasn't. When I went in she asked me what I wanted from them, I said I was expecting a bariatric appointment so she said she would look into it, I think it may have helped get my appointment with the bartiatric appointment, it's worth a shot Caren if the dietician is rubbish.

I told her there wasn't anything she could tell me about loosing weight, I have been there and done it all and knew exactly what to do, but just couldn't do it. her lasting advice to me was, have a day of just eating vegetables and there treat myself with a manicure! Thanks! Great help.

Good luck and hope you have a better experience. x

No probs - it's so hard to advise what might happen because everywhere is so different!

At my dietician's appointment she asked me about things like dental appointments and how often I go (never if I can help it!) then told me off!

Good luck tomorrow!

Tatiana

Last edited:
The dietician was my first appointment, I thought it was a bariatric one, but turned out it wasn't. When I went in she asked me what I wanted from them, I said I was expecting a bariatric appointment so she said she would look into it, I think it may have helped get my appointment with the bartiatric appointment, it's worth a shot Caren if the dietician is rubbish.

I told her there wasn't anything she could tell me about loosing weight, I have been there and done it all and knew exactly what to do, but just couldn't do it. her lasting advice to me was, have a day of just eating vegetables and there treat myself with a manicure! Thanks! Great help.

Good luck and hope you have a better experience. x
hahaha charming!
Thats great advise snooky, i'll do that, thanks :) xxx

Well I already told you what happened at my appointment but it can vary so much. Hope it is a weight management nurse as mine was, as they are the ones to refer you to the surgeon. Make a list of things you want to ask, one for if she is a bariatric nurse & another for if she isn't. You will forget half the things you wanted to ask if they are not written down & then spend the evening kicking yourself. Good luck my little chunky monkey ... will be thinking of & praying for you at 1.30pm, mwah :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: xxx

Well I already told you what happened at my appointment but it can vary so much. Hope it is a weight management nurse as mine was, as they are the ones to refer you to the surgeon. Make a list of things you want to ask, one for if she is a bariatric nurse & another for if she isn't. You will forget half the things you wanted to ask if they are not written down & then spend the evening kicking yourself. Good luck my little chunky monkey ... will be thinking of & praying for you at 1.30pm, mwah :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: xxx
thanks twink :) but to be honest i havent got a clue what to ask, im rubbish at things like this lol

If she is a bariatric nurse, ask how many other WLS patients she has seen & how long the whole process took for them, what the next step is after her, what will be expected of you, if she weighs & measures you, ask what the figures are & note them down. If she isn't a bariatric nurse, make sure she refers you to one by ensuring she knows just how hard you have tried to lose the weight & even though you can lose some, you can't keep it off. Tell her about all your health problems & the fact that you can't do your job because of weight related illness... basically anything you can tell her to help strengthen your case. You will be fine, sweetie xxx :)

Good luck Caren. You've been so supportive of people on this forum. Hope this appointment is all you hope it will be. Good luck!

Hiya everyone, I have a dietitian appointment tomorrow and haven't got a clue what to expect. I'm not even sure it's a bariatric appt. When my doctor said he would refer me he said its not that easy and I have to see the dietitian first, then Igot this appt through the post. Gawd! whats going to happen? lol any advise woyld be very gratefully received, thanks :) xxx

i saw one for a year had to to get funding ,
they will ask what you eat now and advise you what to eat to help with your new lifestyle changes, you have to show them that you can lost weight as well
that,s what happen to me

If she is a bariatric nurse, ask how many other WLS patients she has seen & how long the whole process took for them, what the next step is after her, what will be expected of you, if she weighs & measures you, ask what the figures are & note them down. If she isn't a bariatric nurse, make sure she refers you to one by ensuring she knows just how hard you have tried to lose the weight & even though you can lose some, you can't keep it off. Tell her about all your health problems & the fact that you can't do your job because of weight related illness... basically anything you can tell her to help strengthen your case. You will be fine, sweetie xxx :)
omg i love you twink!!!! xxxxx lol thank you so much! they are all things i want to know and totally wouldnt have asked! lol ive written it down, any other advise would be soooo gratefully received lol

I think that without exception everyone on here is holding their breath for you, my love ... & sending you all our love & best wishes. ((hugs)) xxx :D

I think that without exception everyone on here is holding their breath for you, my love ... & sending you all our love & best wishes. ((hugs)) xxx :D
:eek::cry:eek:h shucks! you brought a tear to me eye, thank you so much xxx

Deffo not been on long but what you give to this forum is exceptional, always wanting to cheer people up when there down, giving advice, you deserve it more than anything xxxxxxxxx

reg appointment.

:Dhi caron twinkle is right every one is waiting with bated breth to see what happens. and crossing everything possible.

my first appointment with dietition i was weighed, asked what i think this appointment is about.
given a food diary to trake everything i ate and drank. and i had to loose 10% of my body weight befor the last appointment with her.

then got another appointment with the same dietition and then had to attened appointments twice a fortnight for 6 months, were each appointment we talked about differant thinga reg food.
then the second to last appointment we concentrated soley on the types of surgery gastric bypass is the one i hope to get.

in between that i had to see a cognetive behaviour therapist and them appointments were around why we eat to much and how to change our eating habbits, that was interesting.

and this week i have just had my fasting blood test sent to the team at murryfields, and i am waiting for an appointment for my pre op.

hope this help some caron.
that is how it has to be done on the wirral caron maybee they have a differant way by yours.

good luck caron.xx

:Dhi caron twinkle is right every one is waiting with bated breth to see what happens. and crossing everything possible.

my first appointment with dietition i was weighed, asked what i think this appointment is about.
given a food diary to trake everything i ate and drank. and i had to loose 10% of my body weight befor the last appointment with her.

then got another appointment with the same dietition and then had to attened appointments twice a fortnight for 6 months, were each appointment we talked about differant thinga reg food.
then the second to last appointment we concentrated soley on the types of surgery gastric bypass is the one i hope to get.

in between that i had to see a cognetive behaviour therapist and them appointments were around why we eat to much and how to change our eating habbits, that was interesting.

and this week i have just had my fasting blood test sent to the team at murryfields, and i am waiting for an appointment for my pre op.

hope this help some caron.
that is how it has to be done on the wirral caron maybee they have a differant way by yours.

good luck caron.xx
awww thank you so much Lynda :)
when you were asked what the appointment was about, what did u say? Also ive had to fill in a 3 day diary, i know its not for long, i suppose ill have to fill in a long term one? It looks awful written down :( lol

Back