• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietitian appointment tomorrow

Hi Caren, ive come back on here after lurking for so long to ask basicaly the same thing lol,
i had a lapband 8 years ago but its failed so ive been refered by my surgeon for a bypass, but i have to go through the same route as everyone else to try and get funding, i got turned down point blank last year but this time i think i have a better chance,
i had a letter this morning to see a bariatric dietician and i too havnt got a clue what to expect,
can you please update us after your appointment so i can bombard you with questions? lol.
good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well for you xx
hey vamp, yeah sure you can ask me anything u want, im just not sure if this is a bariatric dietician im seeing lol, anyway, ill let you know, good luck :) xxx

Awww yay good luck with it Caren. I have dietician on Friday so let's compare notes then! Haha xxx

awww thank you so much Lynda :)
when you were asked what the appointment was about, what did u say? Also ive had to fill in a 3 day diary, i know its not for long, i suppose ill have to fill in a long term one? It looks awful written down :( lol

Good job it isn't this time last week :eek: You would have had to omit a couple or nine items, lol xx :D:D

[/COLOR]

Good job it isn't this time last week :eek: You would have had to omit a couple or nine items, lol xx :D:D
hahahahaha its nearly as bad, u think i should leave some out?

hahahahaha its nearly as bad, u think i should leave some out?

No ... she needs to see that you can't do it on your own. Explain that you have lost 3 stones in the past but you put it back & it brought a friend. :( It is yo yo dieters that they are trying to help. Not many people just get to 30 stone(not saying you are :)) without going on numerous diets. Just tell her how it is, honey as you are more than suitable for the op. (don't mention at this point that I will be down to sort her out if she does not play nice, :)) Just be yourself, sweet xx :D:D

No ... she needs to see that you can't do it on your own. Explain that you have lost 3 stones in the past but you put it back & it brought a friend. :( It is yo yo dieters that they are trying to help. Not many people just get to 30 stone(not saying you are :)) without going on numerous diets. Just tell her how it is, honey as you are more than suitable for the op. (don't mention at this point that I will be down to sort her out if she does not play nice, :)) Just be yourself, sweet xx :D:D
hahahaha you're like my big sis :D xxx

Not seen her all week :D:D:D Result, lol. We have, though had an invite for Boxing Day ... what a shame we are already going to Claire's, awwww :rolleyes: bahahah xx
oh poor you, tell her you can make it the day after lol :D

Best of luck for tomorrow Caren.

Have you anything you can take with you to support successful weight loss but failed maintenance in the past? (eg old slimming club weigh-in records, maybe photos of you at different weights over the years, that sort of thing). One of the pct criterias is a history of weight loss that cannot be maintained for one reason or another, or a weight loss, that then gets stuck (as mine was - I plateaued for around 15 months after a good start) so if you can demonstrate that you can lose weight - but it just comes back (as twinkle says) with even more, then you'll be on the right track I think. See if you can plot the ups and downs of your weight over the years and maybe link in with significant events in your life when you had particular issues / found weight loss easier. It will show that you are serious about this, and have really thought about what challenges lie ahead.

The other biggest tip I can give you Caren is that if they do measure your height and weight (and that it will be the starting point for any referral) - make sure you have a meal and as much as possible to drink beforehand, and DON"T stand tall when your height is measured. Slump a bit if you can. This'll increase your BMI without actually adding real lbs.

I've got my fingers crossed for you Caren - because you are so pleased for everyone else when they can share good news, and there is no sour grapes with you at all. You deserve some good news for a change.

I wish you all the best Caren xxx

I see my weight management dietician at a local health centre. He was part of the MDT meeting who decided I had approval for surgery (unfortunately don't get to decide about funding lol)

I made it clear I wanted to work towards getting a bypass. Didn't want to just go for weight loss support.

He asked me about my food habits, my weight loss and gain history, which diets I had tried, which had worked best, how I feel about myself and want my short term and long term goals are.

He is the only person ever to say the right things to inspire me me to fight hard against my habits and the sabotage. It hasn't been easy. But I have got back on the wagon every time I fall off.

The appointment lasted about an hour.

Really hope this is a step in the right direction for you Caren. You are a top chick and this forum wouldnt be the same without you xxx

Oh and I was weighed and nearly passed out at the enormity of my weight!!! Lol

Best of luck for tomorrow Caren.

Have you anything you can take with you to support successful weight loss but failed maintenance in the past? (eg old slimming club weigh-in records, maybe photos of you at different weights over the years, that sort of thing). One of the pct criterias is a history of weight loss that cannot be maintained for one reason or another, or a weight loss, that then gets stuck (as mine was - I plateaued for around 15 months after a good start) so if you can demonstrate that you can lose weight - but it just comes back (as twinkle says) with even more, then you'll be on the right track I think. See if you can plot the ups and downs of your weight over the years and maybe link in with significant events in your life when you had particular issues / found weight loss easier. It will show that you are serious about this, and have really thought about what challenges lie ahead.

The other biggest tip I can give you Caren is that if they do measure your height and weight (and that it will be the starting point for any referral) - make sure you have a meal and as much as possible to drink beforehand, and DON"T stand tall when your height is measured. Slump a bit if you can. This'll increase your BMI without actually adding real lbs.

I've got my fingers crossed for you Caren - because you are so pleased for everyone else when they can share good news, and there is no sour grapes with you at all. You deserve some good news for a change.
thanks so much cathi :) some great advice there, really appreciate it, and you are very kind thank you :) xxx

I wish you all the best Caren xxx

I see my weight management dietician at a local health centre. He was part of the MDT meeting who decided I had approval for surgery (unfortunately don't get to decide about funding lol)

I made it clear I wanted to work towards getting a bypass. Didn't want to just go for weight loss support.

He asked me about my food habits, my weight loss and gain history, which diets I had tried, which had worked best, how I feel about myself and want my short term and long term goals are.

He is the only person ever to say the right things to inspire me me to fight hard against my habits and the sabotage. It hasn't been easy. But I have got back on the wagon every time I fall off.

The appointment lasted about an hour.

Really hope this is a step in the right direction for you Caren. You are a top chick and this forum wouldnt be the same without you xxx
thanks so much fuffs, i'll do me best :) and you are so kind too, theres some lovely peeps on here :) xxx

Not got a lot to say apart from good luck tomorrow

Eeeek ... you in league with her????? Told you we would cop it if Matt had made other plans for Christmas. Just hope he will be home for New Year :wave_cry: xx
oh yeah, new year is a good idea lol :D

hiya caron i just said the appointment is about me getting bariatric surgery, and i would like a gastric bypass, also if you get chance tell her about you gaining some information about bariatric surgery

and dosent it look bad when you write everything down, but dont worry about that because that is what your dietition wants to gain an insight to your eating habbits.

all this advice off everyone your head will be buzzing, its only cos we all care,

but all i can say caron is play it by ear and you will be ok i promise you that. x x x x

Back