• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietitian appointment tomorrow

Good luck Caren xx

Oooohhhhh ... torturer :mad::mad: x
hahahahaha thanks everyone! well as i suspected she wasnt aware that i was a wls candidate. But I explained it all to her. She asked me what diets i had tried and and i told her everything i'd done over the last 30 years. She said that she thinks i should try cutting down, hmmmm i said i'd done that a few hundred times and that this was the problem, it worked, then i put it all back on, and more. This has happened for 30 years. So she said, dont diet, just eat healthily, hmmmm yep done that too, did it work? yup, then i put it all back on, plus more. Do I understand what a bypass means?, yes i said, I told her all about it, about the surgery and the dumping, the fact that i speak to people all the time and that if theres anything i need to know i have a wonderful support network. I explained that this is a last resort for me and that ive tried pretty much everything else over the years, including therapy. Well there are support groups for binge eaters she said. ok, im happy to go along i replied. So at the end of the meeting, which was about 40 minutes long, she said that she didnt really think she could refer me, discharged me and said she would write to my doctor explaining that I was only interested im surgery. LOL!!!! so thats it folks, waste of time i think, but maybe that last bit will help.

Thank you all for always being here for me :) xxx

:grouphugg:

hahahahaha thanks everyone! well as i suspected she wasnt aware that i was a wls candidate. But I explained it all to her. She asked me what diets i had tried and and i told her everything i'd done over the last 30 years. She said that she thinks i should try cutting down, hmmmm i said i'd done that a few hundred times and that this was the problem, it worked, then i put it all back on, and more. This has happened for 30 years. So she said, dont diet, just eat healthily, hmmmm yep done that too, did it work? yup, then i put it all back on, plus more. Do I understand what a bypass means?, yes i said, I told her all about it, about the surgery and the dumping, the fact that i speak to people all the time and that if theres anything i need to know i have a wonderful support network. I explained that this is a last resort for me and that ive tried pretty much everything else over the years, including therapy. Well there are support groups for binge eaters she said. ok, im happy to go along i replied. So at the end of the meeting, which was about 40 minutes long, she said that she didnt really think she could refer me, discharged me and said she would write to my doctor explaining that I was only interested im surgery. LOL!!!! so thats it folks, waste of time i think, but maybe that last bit will help.

Thank you all for always being here for me :) xxx

:grouphugg:

No, it isn't a waste of time., its another string to your bow. Go back to your doctor & tell him what she said & that you have been waiting all this time thinking she was a bariatric dietician & would help you. This is his fault :mad::mad: He should have referred you to a weight loss management programme as they have the power to send you on to see the surgeon, let him know how disappointed you are to have waited all these weeks just to be patronised. Oooooo I could scream :mad::mad:
You OK, my love xxx :sigh::sigh:

No, it isn't a waste of time., its another string to your bow. Go back to your doctor & tell him what she said & that you have been waiting all this time thinking she was a bariatric dietician & would help you. This is his fault :mad::mad: He should have referred you to a weight loss management programme as they have the power to send you on to see the surgeon, let him know how disappointed you are to have waited all these weeks just to be patronised. Oooooo I could scream :mad::mad:
You OK, my love xxx :sigh::sigh:
lol bless you honey, im fine, I think that her telling him that i really just want wls is a good thing :) xxx

I'm glad you're feeling positive about it Caren. Hopefully another step on the ladder to success!

Awh Caren :sigh: I really hope you take this back to your gp and keep on at him/her. you can't do much more on your own and I sooo hope they see that and move this forward. keep smiling, your such a positive person, and give all of us on here so much support, I can't think of anyone else on here more deserving of this than you! good things happen to good people and you are one of them. it will happen one day! hang in there xxx:wave_cry:

Awh Caren :sigh: I really hope you take this back to your gp and keep on at him/her. you can't do much more on your own and I sooo hope they see that and move this forward. keep smiling, your such a positive person, and give all of us on here so much support, I can't think of anyone else on here more deserving of this than you! good things happen to good people and you are one of them. it will happen one day! hang in there xxx:wave_cry:
aww thanks Lynne, i'll be ok, it wont stop me :) xxx

aww caron i carnt say more than i did in my pm,
just found this up date, and as every one says if there is any one more deserving of this surgery it is you. and good things do happen to good people, and yes you are one of thouse good people. xxxx

aww caron i carnt say more than i did in my pm,
just found this up date, and as every one says if there is any one more deserving of this surgery it is you. and good things do happen to good people, and yes you are one of thouse good people. xxxx
thats so kind Lynda, thank you :) xxx i'll keep plodding on lol, might win the lottery on sat :D lol

At least you had practice in not letting them convince you to 'try to eat healthy' makes me laugh!! Like you would have never thought of that one lol.

My weight management physician kept trying to convince me I can do it without surgery. I told h straight I have been battling with diets for 13 years. I am the heaviest I have ever been. That says enough.

Caren, for some reason I real feel that your outcome on the end will be in your favour. So well done on staying positive x

At least you had practice in not letting them convince you to 'try to eat healthy' makes me laugh!! Like you would have never thought of that one lol.

My weight management physician kept trying to convince me I can do it without surgery. I told h straight I have been battling with diets for 13 years. I am the heaviest I have ever been. That says enough.

Caren, for some reason I real feel that your outcome on the end will be in your favour. So well done on staying positive x
thanks fuffs :) she also asked me what i would do if i dont get the surgery, i said i think i will die of a weight related illness in about 10 tears, she said try cutting out the rubbish! OMG why didnt i think of that?!?!?!

Caren,

I bet she was a stick insect too!

What I don't understand is how these people we come across (the professional ones at least) think we've done nothing to get ourselves out of our situation - of course, we've never heard of healthy eating; we live our lives eating c*ap and avoiding a vegetable or a piece of fruit!

I would get an appointment at the GPs again to ask them for a referral to the bariatric team as the dietician you saw was unable to offer you anything you've not tried before and was (perhaps) dismissive of you as you want a surgical solution after so many failed diets etc...

Good luck,

Tatiana

Good lord do they have ANY idea what life is like for us !!!!
Im so angry for you hun and hope i win the lotto so very much cos you and a couple of others would have their ops asap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caren,

I bet she was a stick insect too!

What I don't understand is how these people we come across (the professional ones at least) think we've done nothing to get ourselves out of our situation - of course, we've never heard of healthy eating; we live our lives eating c*ap and avoiding a vegetable or a piece of fruit!

I would get an appointment at the GPs again to ask them for a referral to the bariatric team as the dietician you saw was unable to offer you anything you've not tried before and was (perhaps) dismissive of you as you want a surgical solution after so many failed diets etc...

Good luck,

Tatiana

hahaha she was as skinny as you like!!

Thanks Tatiana, i'll be going back to docs :) xxx

Back