• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietitian appointment tomorrow

Caren said:
thanks fuffs :) she also asked me what i would do if i dont get the surgery, i said i think i will die of a weight related illness in about 10 tears, she said try cutting out the rubbish! OMG why didnt i think of that?!?!?!

Lol!!! My physician asked me 'what plans do you have in place for if your are not approved?'

I said will not sure what emotional problems and depression may be. But of course if not too bad I will try to lose some weight'

I then reminded him my endeavours to get to goal had never worked in the past and I not sure how they would work now lol

To say just cut the rubbish out would have made me want to punch her in the face lol

That happened to me Caren a year ago and I followed what they told me to do now I have funding!

Believe in yourself you can do it were all behind you!

xxx

Sounds similar to my experience, if it's any consulation I had a letter 2 weeks later with an appointment to see Wls team and dietician.
Don't you just love dieticians! Is there really anyone who doesn't know what are the right things to eat? I think most people on here could teach them a thing or too, we know exactly what to do, infact I think most of us would probably make better dieticians - we know all the answers - just find it impossible to do. As has been said they are all stick thin. unless you have been here you cannot understand. Why don't they give you something useful to work with? I was expecting a at least a diet sheet, this is the only thing that has ever had any impact with me, from the easy GI book where everything I had to eat was written down for me, including snacks and drinks.

Sorry I'm waffling again! Keepon at your GP Caren, I had an appointment with him almost every week for one thing or another and asked every time about surgery, although to be fair he is supportive and says that they don't do wls enough.

Good luck with everything hope you get some good news soon. x

Sounds similar to my experience, if it's any consulation I had a letter 2 weeks later with an appointment to see Wls team and dietician.
Don't you just love dieticians! Is there really anyone who doesn't know what are the right things to eat? I think most people on here could teach them a thing or too, we know exactly what to do, infact I think most of us would probably make better dieticians - we know all the answers - just find it impossible to do. As has been said they are all stick thin. unless you have been here you cannot understand. Why don't they give you something useful to work with? I was expecting a at least a diet sheet, this is the only thing that has ever had any impact with me, from the easy GI book where everything I had to eat was written down for me, including snacks and drinks.

Sorry I'm waffling again! Keepon at your GP Caren, I had an appointment with him almost every week for one thing or another and asked every time about surgery, although to be fair he is supportive and says that they don't do wls enough.

Good luck with everything hope you get some good news soon. x
thanks snooky, ive been in touch with my doc this morning to find out if they have in fact applied for funding, ive also phoned the pct again but they never answer, ive left a message to casll me back but she never does. From experience the best time to catch her is about 4ish so ill phone back again then, what a palava!!! lol
oh when i was at the dietitians, i got up to leave and took the chair with me hahahahaha i well laughed but she stood stoney faced, miserable cow lol

thanks snooky, ive been in touch with my doc this morning to find out if they have in fact applied for funding, ive also phoned the pct again but they never answer, ive left a message to casll me back but she never does. From experience the best time to catch her is about 4ish so ill phone back again then, what a palava!!! lol
oh when i was at the dietitians, i got up to leave and took the chair with me hahahahaha i well laughed but she stood stoney faced, miserable cow lol

Sounds like she needs funding for a personality transplant :mad::mad::mad:
Never mind, honey ... you WILL be thin, she will always be a cow :D:D xxx

It's an outrage that so-called professionals are allowed to patronize us and let's face it, insult our intelligence, and get away with it. You show em girl!

my oh my, the dietician i saw was wonderful, i saw the surgical team before her though, but the one i saw a few years ago for help loosing weight was a complete waste of time, she sat there and began a talk about good food and bad foods and even drew diagrams like she was educating a room of 6 year olds!!! needless to say i never went back to her.
This time around has been much better, the dietician i see actually listens to me and gives me advice and stated that she could keep going on and on but it is my choice if i accept her advice, i have listened to what she has said and followed it (well most of it lol) and she said its ok to have an occasional treat and we are only human and we all make mistakes so dont worry if it happens just learn to accept it and start again. She has discussed a whole list of things with me including why i want the wls and has gone through what i uderstand about the before and after and also the changes that my body and apperance will go through. I gave her all my answers and she was impressed at what i had learnt and understood and i think this helped when the team had there meeting to decide if i was ideal for the wls.
My advice would be to go back to your gp and tell him the concerns you have with the particular person and that she was not very helpful to you and would it be possible to refer you to the surgical team or to a bariatric dietician that has some understanding of why you want the wls and what you have been through in the past and hopefully you should get further up that ladder. Do not ever let any of the medics get you down, remember they see thousands of people with the same issues and they sometimes forget that everyone is different and need to be approached differently, keep your chin up hunni and keep smiling, i have hit so many hurdles in my journey and i am so glad i did not let them stop me. You are wonderful to everyone on here and are always there with words of encouragement and me along with everyone else is keeping my fingers crossed that you get somewhere very soon.

Back