• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dietitian Apt.

Emmaroo

Milky
Just got my letter through saying I have an appointment with the dietitian up at the hospital.

What will happen when I get there? Should I prepare? I'd hate to get there and be told to go and log my food for a few weeks when I can do that now.

Oh, and should I be totally honest about my eating habbits? lol xx

Congrats for getting your appointment & good luck, I agree with being straight with them about what you eat, they are there to help and are used to it. xx

;) hi emma, I fink ur under same pct as me.I went to me gp then had to go to weightloss nurse in surgery all she did was take a detailed history of what i had tried before ect concluding in she cant help me as i have tried the every diet,pill and potion and has sent me for bloods(diabeties,thyroid liver,cholestrol) whilst awaiting my gp again wednesday morn. I wonder if they just have to cover all bases just to show uve seen a dietician. Altho the nurse at my surgery quite a big one 4 or 5 docs in practice) didnt seen to know anything about gastric bypass. so im armed with criteria for stoke on trent highlighted with a list of comorbities highlighted lol, an explaination of the procedure, and what can go wrong. for my wednesday 7.20am appointment. good luck with next stage of this scarey journey

Which hospital will you be going to??? I'm waiting for my first appointment and can't wait to get it out of the way!!! Good luck!!

;) hi emma, I fink ur under same pct as me.I went to me gp then had to go to weightloss nurse in surgery all she did was take a detailed history of what i had tried before ect concluding in she cant help me as i have tried the every diet,pill and potion and has sent me for bloods(diabeties,thyroid liver,cholestrol) whilst awaiting my gp again wednesday morn. I wonder if they just have to cover all bases just to show uve seen a dietician. Altho the nurse at my surgery quite a big one 4 or 5 docs in practice) didnt seen to know anything about gastric bypass. so im armed with criteria for stoke on trent highlighted with a list of comorbities highlighted lol, an explaination of the procedure, and what can go wrong. for my wednesday 7.20am appointment. good luck with next stage of this scarey journey

Yeah we're in the same PCT I think. Seems we're going through the same stuff just in a different order. I went to the doc, who asked about my dieting history and medical records, who then refered me to the hospital. I waited about a month for my appointment and saw the consult who asked a lot of similer questions and refered me to the dietitian, surgeon and also sent me for blood tests.

I rang the hospital just now to make my appointment for the dietitian, and they said there is a month wait. Luckily they said they have lots of cancellations so I've put my name down on the cancellation list and I'm going to start logging my food from today so I can go along with a months worth.

What is the critiria for stoke PCT btw? x

Hope all goes well on wednesday.

Which hospital will you be going to??? I'm waiting for my first appointment and can't wait to get it out of the way!!! Good luck!!

I'm with the University Hospital of North Staffordshire. :)

Good luck with your first appointment, it was after that that I really started to get my mind set on the Op and started to feel really positive about my future.

Hi emmaroo as far as i can make out the criteria is 40 bmi and have tryed to diet before. good luck with ur appointment.

Well then I can kick that criteria's ass LOL Coz my BMI is near 50 and I've been trying to diet (a lot of it on my medical records) for half my life (12 years) :D:D

Back