• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

different area's

serenitylove

dont know if anyone will be able to answer this but if you have treatment with a different pct than your local one who pays your pct on the other one? although not at the point yet have been looking into plastic surgery t/t's etc and some pct's do some dont so if i opted for treatment else where because mine doesnt would that work?

The pct covers the area where your gp and then where you live (i thinks thats right) There are quite a few peoplw who have been sent to different hospital but their own pct are funding it. So if you r pct don't fund t/t's you wouldnt be able to get it done through another pct.

Unless your address and GP changed to a different PCT :)

how do you find out if your pct will fund cosmetic surgery after wls. i.e loose skin etc.

thanks

I googled like a banshee and then contacted PALs and asked them to find out. Mine will fund but I have to maintain a healthy BMI for 2 years first :eek:

I googled like a banshee and then contacted PALs and asked them to find out. Mine will fund but I have to maintain a healthy BMI for 2 years first :eek:

yes most areas will fund if the weight loss is maintained for 2 years, after wls or traditional diet, this rule seems to be general for private patients, but nhs patients in certain areas can get it as follow up procedures when the times right, ive been one of the lucky ones and ive had a nhs t/tuck, i see plastics again in march for further work thats needed.

it does seem unfair that its a postcode lottery.

Liz,

do you come under newcastle pct?

im not sure as i live in south tyneside so i guess im under them, my gp refered me and, i myself didnt have to apply for funding, the tum tuck just came as i needed it really after the weight loss.

Back