• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight or size does it matter

hopelesscase

Over the past month or so there seems to be so many post that are focused on people comparing their weight loss and upset that the weight isnt coming off very fast.
I just wanted to share my experiance 6+ months post op as to how my shrinkage has gone. basically there has been no hard or fast rule to it some weeks i have had a loss of 4lbs some 1lb and some none at all but the weeks i have had a slow weight loss there has been a definate size shrinkage.
In the early days i couldnt tell that i was shrinking as invariably all my clothes were on the snug side but to wake up one morning to find what you wore the day before suddenly overnight too big makes you realise that OMG moment its working.
This has continued over and over again to the point where you end up going through your wardrobe at least once a month if not more frequent at times looking for something to fit not because its too tight but too big. Now theres a first.
As i have gotten smaller this has happened more frequently and i seem to have blinked too quickly for i dont seem to have been in size 16 for more than a few days.
So although it is hard please dont compare you weight loss to anyone elses remember we are all made up so differently and will all loose weight and size from different parts at different rates.
You are all on your own individual journey of discovery and believe me when i say you will discover things about yourself that you didnt know (bones in particular)
heres to everyones sucess
carole

totally agree with you on this my weightloss is all over but seems to even out to the same each month so given up weekly weighing i thought my cloths size wasnt shifting at all till i pulled out an old skirt i couldnt get past my thights and it more than genrously fits now every few weeks i try new stuff

Po_Winking_LoRes.gif

What a brilliant post talking such sense...it is so true we are all on our own weight loss journeys so comparing what we loose each week is daft, it is no competition - we loose what we loose at the end of the day!!! I get weighed every month when I go and see my GP and I do also weight myself at home, but I am not obsessive with weighing myself though because I don't see the point!
Anyway, I agree with everything Carole said in her post and lets have a boogie to celebrate our successes ;)

:party0011: :party0049: :happy036: :bliss: :talk017: :banana dancer: :greenapple: :greenapple: :party0011:

Hi Hopelesscase I totally agree with you everyone does loose weight at different speeds as long as we all get to our target in the end, that is what matters. And that we are all alot healthier.

Great post, HC. I'd rep you but it seems I have loved you too much! lol!

I am in my early days and have had slow loss over the past two weeks, but it's experience and words like yours and some other long time successful losers that help me put it all in perspective.

I am finding a fortnightly check of clothing is very helpful!|

Hi I'm new to this and I just wanted to say it's brilliant that you all share your thoughts and experiences.

I am having my pre-op tomorrow at Salford and (fingers crossed) having a bypass in June. I've only ever been in hospital when I had my daughter 14 years ago and wondered if anyone could tell me what to expect at the pre-op? :)

Great post, HC. I'd rep you but it seems I have loved you too much! lol!

I am in my early days and have had slow loss over the past two weeks, but it's experience and words like yours and some other long time successful losers that help me put it all in perspective.

I am finding a fortnightly check of clothing is very helpful!|

but Red, the inch loss on you is visable and you look different everytime peter & I see you even peter notices x

but Red, the inch loss on you is visable and you look different everytime peter & I see you even peter notices x

Cheers Terri! Your face is disappearing too; you will be unrecognisable soon!

O yeah... and that purple top fell off me on Saturday so it's (bat)winging it's way over to you tout de suite! Who can see we ain't 'green' eh? lol!

Hi, no I haven't been to one yet. I've not been given any info yet about when the groups meet and where. I'll have a look see tomorrow while I'm there. Thanks for replying so quickly. I've just been reading through some tutorials so I don't end up posting replies all over the shop!! Thanks again x

so true HC.

It made me laugh the other day when my 4 year old little girl said "oh mummy, whats happened, your belly has fallen off". She seemed genuinely concerned until I explained to here that my op was helping my tummy to shrink. That for me mean't more than any number on the scale!!

so true HC.

It made me laugh the other day when my 4 year old little girl said "oh mummy, whats happened, your belly has fallen off". She seemed genuinely concerned until I explained to here that my op was helping my tummy to shrink. That for me mean't more than any number on the scale!!

Aaah bless out of the mouthes of babes eh

Hi
I wanted a foot up the backside and you just gave it to me
well done you are doing fab xxx
you just reminded me what I want xxx
Thank you x

Back