• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Differing medical opinions (sleeve v bypass)

Thanks so much, Ruthie.

Yes he definitely does bang on and on about the sleeve stretching -- possibly to knock it into our heads to stick to the rules (!!!).

I have never drunk beer, or hardly any alcohol (about once a year at a wedding or big family do) so that will not be difficult to avoid.

Just gotta make sure that we are in the 60% to 75% of patients who don't regain anything then -- I want to be in that group !!!

And you will! Are you on the fb group "achieving through sleeving?" Unlike most WLS forums I hang out on, it's ONLY for sleevers, a lot are in the US, and most were much higher BMI than Mr. Sufi's so called ideal candidates, and you should see their success stories! Amazing! If you aren't, let me know and I'll try and invite you onto it if I'm allowed, or get someone to do so, if not. It's a great group, closed and private, and very inspirational.

And you will! Are you on the fb group "achieving through sleeving?"

No I don't think I am in that one. I am in a few others like one called "Sleeeevers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (just a tad obvious LOL!) which actually is mainly UK sleevers (wow!) and set up by a UK sleever lady who has achieved significant weight loss in her mid 50's from a starting weight above where I was .... and now down to 11.7 stone.

I'm off to bed now, but will try to look for that group or pm you tomorrow sometime perhaps.

Thanks.

I tried to add you, but it says 'You can't add an old member of the group who hasn't requested to join the group again.' I think you have to ask to be added as you were once in the group previously x

I tried to add you, but it says 'You can't add an old member of the group who hasn't requested to join the group again.' I think you have to ask to be added as you were once in the group previously x

It's OK Becky, thanks.

I think I deliberately left "Achieving thru Sleeving" because I had *sooooo* many FB groups on my lists (I also have a few interests outside of weight loss surgery believe it or not! LOL!) that I cut it down to just the best UK groups and "Sleevers!!!!!!!!!" as I found it more useful to be reading about UK sleevers, than US sleevers and all the US dress sizes and food products that don't correlate to what we can buy in ye olde Tesco and Sainsburys etc !!!

Sorry Sharon :( Calpol and calprofen are sugar free :)

It's OK Becky, thanks.

I think I deliberately left "Achieving thru Sleeving" because I had *sooooo* many FB groups on my lists (I also have a few interests outside of weight loss surgery believe it or not! LOL!) that I cut it down to just the best UK groups and "Sleevers!!!!!!!!!" as I found it more useful to be reading about UK sleevers, than US sleevers and all the US dress sizes and food products that don't correlate to what we can buy in ye olde Tesco and Sainsburys etc !!!

I can't find this group on fb, is it hidden?

I can't find this group on fb, is it hidden?

I think it is a private group. PM me if you want to swap FB names, or I can let you know the name of the woman who created it, who will be able to add you.

I think it is a private group. PM me if you want to swap FB names, or I can let you know the name of the woman who created it, who will be able to add you.
Angee is on my fb Sharon, so ive just added her :)
how u feeling today? xxx

Sorry Sharon :( Calpol and calprofen are sugar free :)

They taste sugary .... and I just checked the boxes (of the actual precise meds prescribed to me):

** Calpol (Six Plus Suspension - paracetemol) -- contains Sucrose

** Nurofen for Children (oral suspension) --contains maltitol, and glycerol

So the Calpol that I have been given (for liquid paracetemol) is defo not sugar free.

Back