• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

discomfort after 3 weeks...is this normal ???

missboydas

I had my gastric bypass/hernia repair/gallbladder removed on October 1st and I am now into my 2nd week of pureed food. Ever since my op I have had some discomfort on my left side. I thought it was gas at first but I have noticed that the discomfort is worse when I have eaten or drunk something. I went back to see my surgeon last week who told me to wait until my 6 week check and if it is still there i will need to have a barium to check for leakages or a blockage. I was wondering if anyone else has suffered from this discomfort feeling ?
I am having pureed food and only having 1-2 tablespoons of food and taking 20mins to eat it. Surely this cant be normal :-:)cry:

I had my gastric bypass/hernia repair/gallbladder removed on October 1st and I am now into my 2nd week of pureed food. Ever since my op I have had some discomfort on my left side. I thought it was gas at first but I have noticed that the discomfort is worse when I have eaten or drunk something. I went back to see my surgeon last week who told me to wait until my 6 week check and if it is still there i will need to have a barium to check for leakages or a blockage. I was wondering if anyone else has suffered from this discomfort feeling ?
I am having pureed food and only having 1-2 tablespoons of food and taking 20mins to eat it. Surely this cant be normal :-:)cry:
well i cant help im afraid, but you sure have had a lot done, maybe it will take longer to heal? hope you get better soon xxx

missboydas said:

It's really early, frustrating as it is take your time and every day you'll start feeling stronger and better. The Gall blader surgery on its own could be giving you these symptoms.

Baby steps!!

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

missboydas said:
Thanks hun :) Some people are saying the same thing to me. Guess i may be trying to run before I can walk lol :)

First thing I can think of perhaps when your pouch has food in it,it's just all the stitches pulling a bit due to being heavier with food inside it?...perhaps.
But after my bypass I did have a few odd pains,but it's part of healing,and you have had a lot of work done x

Hi

I am 7 weeks post op and still struggling occasionally with this left hand side pain!

I had some advice to take an omaprozole, and it does settle a little when I do this. I'm sure it's something to do with wind/acid. Sometimes pain killers are the only option.

I'm hoping swimming will loosen things up!

I can eat more now but still not a lot at all.

It sounds normal hun, some people are lucky and get away without itxxx

Thank you all for your advice which I have taken on board. Lets see what happens in time, as they say time is a great healer :) x

Back