• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Changes

charliegirl

For those of you that did not know it has been my birthday week lol...as it was a big one I chose to celebrate over the course of a few days, arranging meals out with different friends on different nights or afternoons and I have thoroughly enjoyed it...today my friend and her grumpy husband took me out for a carvery....my friend has another friend who had a bypass in february of last year.....of course she feels miffed that two of her mates have had it and whilst she is slightly larger than I was at my biggest she states she could not be bothered to fight for the funding and every now and then a little bit of jealousy creeps through, today was one of those days....little digs were coming out aimed at me and she was forever calling me "old girl" (She is a few years younger than me)....the old me would have felt crushed by this but I said if she looked and felt as good as me when she turned 50 she will be doing well.....when I came home I decided to sort out my bedroom....I had bought some cupboards and wanted to go through my stuff....I dragged out one suitcase full of items that I could not pre surgery fit into, it was crammed in, as I do like to shop....I tried on the tops first and any that fitted were put in the wash basket....I was getting very hot at this stage....but then tried on the trousers and jeans....wow it was like going shopping without spending any money....I have lots of trousers and two more pairs of jeans that have hardly been worn some never and some only once....I sorted all my bras out as well and I have tons of stuff....I packed away anything that felt tight and will pull them out in a few weeks time....I also added anything that had got too big for me so my wardrobe is now looking very good.....I will eventually list them on ebay and wave them goodbye whether they are hardly worn or not they are going....with this new found confidence and my wish to now meet a nice young man (specially the young bit lol) I dont think I will have too much trouble do you? lol..xx

hmm.. jellous freinds, doesnt it make you think if they were real freinds then they would be pleased for you, loosing weight makes you find out who your real m8s really are.

im glad you had fun trying on lots of clothes thats been put away for a while, i also enjoyed doing that experience, im a total clothes addict i love clothes, they are my new love now, not food no more !

im sure you will find the man of your dreams soon, i bet you will have the pick of the bunch, they will be queing up yay !!

liz x

ok hands up what have you done with the charliegirl? How you seem to have grown in your confidence in the shorttime i have been a member of the forum. Your personality is coming out more. I am so pleased for you and feel previlged to see these changes taking place. Keep it up and there will be no stopping you.

Now that you are being to be happy with your self and feel comfortable you will definately find that someone to have fun and spoecial times with. Good luck linda you really deserve it.

Thanks Liz and Tes, its not just down to the surgery I have been through a lot in the last 12 months the surgery has allowed me to move on though now I have laid some ghosts to rest....he he its such fun...xx

Can I come shop at your house, all my smaller clothes are in America and probably hopelessly out of style:(:(...

LOL, hope you are enjoying your new body. It really is fab to feel the weight melting away.

Nic;)

Hey now, enough picking on my way-too-big coat!!!:p:p:p Even HC's friend who had never seen me before said 'wow, you need a new coat, you are swimming in that'! I was *trying* to be frugal but I must admit my once favourite coat looks like a tent on me. :sigh: I guess I will have to buy a new one, darn...not really cause I love to shop!!!

I was always so hot I never had a coat, just jackets but towards the end had a gillet if thats the right spelling...I am so cold now I may need to buy one lol..xx

sounds like your having a great experience with your smaller clothes. Your friend should be giving you compliments not insults. Its good u can rise above it tho x

Good for you Linda. You're really coming into your own now and you deserve it. The old you might have smarted at your 'friend's' digs, but you parried them like a pro!

Get in there gf! :hug99:

Let's have some piccies of the progress too! :D

Nice one Linda,

Ur fast becoming my surgery guru, be careful, it might end up like that film "single white female"....especially when i buy all ur old clothes off e-bay!!!!!! LOL

Lol, you will soon be on the losing side....bought some new PJ's today as my others were slipping down...I am beginning to wonder if I have lost any weight though, went out to lunch with my friend from Wigan who has not seen me since before surgery and she never said a word about any loss! Its a good job I know my kecks are falling down otherwise I would be doubting it myself...I have to say each of these negative friends were bigger than me at the start so I guess that has some bearing on it...my friend on monday night was amazed at how I looked...xx

I know just how you feel CG. I have friend who is super sensitive about her weight and I always felt she thought "at least I am not as fat as her". When I was sick a few years ago I dropped a bunch of weight really fast, other friends (while she was in the room) would comment on how much thinner I looked she never said a word until I had lost close to 60lbs. It was like it was hard for her to admit I was getting thinner. Anyway, how you feel about your weight is really what is important in the long run because you have to live with you. That is why eating disorders are so hard to recover from, the person suffering from it can't see how they really look.

Congrats on your weight loss & your new healthier attitude!

Thanks chick I have, one more night out to go its been great being spoilt as well.....on my way over to wigan today the motorway was rather busy and I was in the outside lane doing around 75 to keep up with the flow of traffic, I was looking for a space to allow me to pull into the middle lane when this "man" in a large car came right up behind me flashing his lights for me to move! Well I wondered where he wanted me to go as unless I combusted taking the car with me the was no room anywhere....he kept flashing so a slowed to 70 which is after all the legal speed limit....after a distance when there was a proper space for me to pull into I wound my window down and gave him a two finger victory salute before pulling over....what he does not know is there are plenty of plain clothes traffic police on that stretch and one can live in hope they "did" him....I would never hog the outside lane if I had somewhere to go....did he not know who I am lol...xx

you go girl xxx
I am 32 an feel much older and cannot wait to turn my life around and just wish I would have done this 10 years ago and it would have saved year of agony upset and pain.
You have got a new life now and need to enjoy every minute xxxx well done xxxx

you go girl xxx
I am 32 an feel much older and cannot wait to turn my life around and just wish I would have done this 10 years ago and it would have saved year of agony upset and pain.
You have got a new life now and need to enjoy every minute xxxx well done xxxx

I am totally with you on that! But I guess we should be pleased that we are not waiting another 10 years before changing this aspect of our lives!

Really pleased for you CharlieGirl! The work you've done emotionally and physically is a great investment on yourself - you keep enjoying the effects!

Lxxx

Back