• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im not prepared to cancell my of for nobody!!

Its great that we can have a laugh when things around us seem to be falling apart at times. Right then, ill suggest festive egg and chip and maybe beans to boot Lol Then ill wait for the door to slam behind her lol. who,d have em eh! We would yeh lol xxxxx

I had my op on Dec 12th 08.

I went to Mum-in-laws post op as I had a poorly hubby and a daughter at uni.

Hubby had an emergency op on Dec 17th!!

Best Christmas present ever was my DS.

I had liquidised Chritsmas dinner - cos I was still on liquids and had it lumpier on Boxing day cos I'd moved to sloppies!!

It was just like meaty vegetably gravy - yum!!

Yoyr daughter will come to realise the op is best for you when she sees your health improve.

I was lucky to have daughters who were wholeheartedly behind me and never voiced their fears out loud - and they had an awful lot to cope with

Good luck xxxx

You are perfectly right not to consider cancelling the op just because it is just before Xmas...what is Xmas really except an excuse for us all to stuff our faces & let's face it, that has what has got us into this mess in the first place! All you can do is what you've already done, which is to explain what you are having done & why...your daughter will just have to deal & as for coping with your youngest two after the op, well they aren't exactly babies anymore & may be more help than you would think. Go for it girl, don't get drawn into repeated discussions over the same old ground, concentrate on your pre-op diet! xxx

Last edited:
Sugga sometimes we just have to do something for ourselves. If your daughter is not supportive and just because she will have to cope with christmas dinner by herself? Shame on her for missing out on the spirit of the season and for not wanting you to have something you deserve after years of putting her and her siblings first...

You get your surgery, Christmas Day you can sit there and enjoy a bowl of soup as the others tuck into dinner... It's a special day for you as well as her... Good luck my lovely xx

ps, if my OH or kids had told me not to go for it i would have said ''get knotted''!

Thanks luvvies, Your comments have been welcomed! Ill let you all know when i get my letter through, cant come quick enough for me. I said in a thread over the weekend that im an organised person so everything will be sorted early for xmas and as i let out a big sigh....... ill be raring to go xxxxx

Go for it Sugga and think about you!

Don't forget now... they can always have beans with it... so best foot forward!

Love and hugs xxx

You have to do what is right for you, so what if it is a week before Christmas, you will be seeing plenty more if you have it done. I know roughly how you feel, my sister was going to help us out whilst I was in hospital but in the last couple of days she has said she cant do it reason being she does not qualify for surgery, and because she is so p###ed off about it we have told the hospital if we do need to cancel which we wont will be done by my OH from his email just in case she thinks she can ruin my appointment date. So just be strong and this is not just to improve your quality of life it will improve your daughter and her child's too. Good Luck my lovely xx

I don't think so!

Hi
we all worry about our children...never stop in fact, but the time has come for your daughters Independence Day! :D Cancel your op...I don't think so! It's time for you to be Number 1 now...

All the best

Thankyou! From when my 13 and 15 year old are ok, then thats my main worry. My daughter is happy with her partner and daughter but the thought of not coming to me xmas day and everything set out and sparkling is a very daunting thought for her.
I knew i was doing the right thing, i could feel it right deep down inside. A catch phrase of mine is, (get over it or get under it) ....... lol xxx

Sugga, seems everyone has given great advice.

Think of YOU!!! you deserve it. love our children as we do, It's not about your grown up daughter, no disrespect she needs to go live her life and give you the soace to live yours without guilt tripping you.

You are a good person and you deserve this.

Back