• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do all Fat people want to be thin ?

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
This is what I wonder
I see people fatter than me (well I hope they are ) and wonder do they want to be thin ? or are they happy being fat

You see if WLS was open to every obese person would everyone want it ?

I have a "friend" she is around 16 - 17 stone and is happy to be fat, I think if she thought I was having a band she would drop dead from shock !

So what makes us different ?

My reason for wanting it - I hate being Fat Hate the way I look, cant get nice clothes, cant run, dont enjoy holidays and the list goes on and on and on.
so why doesnt everyone feel like this or do they ?

x
helen

i think deep down inside all overweight people want to be thinner, just some have a good way of hiding there emotions with being jolly and bubbling and supressing there inner feelings through that.

I think if people are big, but are healthy (ish), don't have any restrictions or mobility issues then they may very well be happy.

However I believe that most people who say they are happy being big, what they actually feel is that they are OK with being big as they prefer to be able to eat what they eat. I am sure if you asked most people if they could carry on eating as you do and be thin most people would say yes.

Helen I've spent most of my adult life obese and the past 10 years super obese. I think once you get to a certain size you feel that's it and tend to become apathetic to it all, believing it will never get any better so why try.
I'm going through this as I have 2 children that I can't even hug properly without being in pain of some sort. Good luck in your journey. Debs

good luck with your op Sue, Debs

Yes know what you mean thats maybe what my friend meant
her words were similar to - if i wanted to lose weight i woud ljust stop eating all the crap i eat !

I think we just want to be ourselves and if that's thin it's ok and if your happy fat that's ok too. But the most important thing is to be healthy and have a good quality of life

fat

i have to say i dont like being fat but it doesnt depress me ,i feel i can (up until reciently carry my self off well) i love clothes shoes etc but cause i am now prob the heavest ive been in my life im struggling to look in evans dressing room mirrors with clothes on and think that looks nice! Cause i love shoes i could quite easily wair high weges with no effort for the night but now adays i live in my birkenstocks for comfort! i have been fat and fairly fit but im past that at the moment and i miss that! im having my band cause i know for the rest of my life i will be on a diet ( and i hate the word diet) so the band is a tool to keep me in touch with what i am eating! also i dont want to loose 10 years off my life through medical problems that will occuar cause i am fat i love life too much!! i should of gone for a band a few years ago instead of funding my passion for nice cars! lol but hay im here now and ready to start properly enjoying my life, so the answer to your question is a yes i do want to be thin and i will be thinner!!!:)

Great thread.

I would have to agree with buglady to some extent. Being fat doesnt depress me, its what being fat does to me that is depressing if that makes any sense. I hate not being able to walk very far due to aching joints and breathlessness.

I would say that in their heart of hearts, then yes, most fat people would want to be thin. But for the majority of fat people the task of losing all of that weight seems so daunting that we think it is OK to hide behind the "fat and happy" tag.

I realise that is a huge generalisation but thats the impression I get.

Back