• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone else find it hard to say thin????

Meggie

When I'm talking about the future, and me post-op I just can't bring myself to say that I'm going to be thin (even typing that is difficult for me!!!). I always say "when I'm thinner" or "Think how much thinner I'm going to be. It is NEVER "I'm going to be so thin". Not sure whether this is lack of self-esteem or whether I'm not sure it'll work and don't want to get my hopes up!! Did any of you lovely people also experience this???

I only started thinking this when I started the thread "Things you want to do when you're thin(ner)"!!! WHY CAN'T I SAY IT!!!! Hahahaha!!

(Oh, and apologies for the random musings!!! My insomnia has well and truly kicked in over the last couple of weeks. Coincidentally around the time I found out when my op was!!! Weird huh!!! :D:p)

Its still not a word i use.
i know im smaller, tiny and even slim. But I have never looked at having the bypass leading to any of thoes it was always when i was lighter and had a healthy BMI.
Strange how the mind works!!!!

I think it could be because we have never been called it. I think of it that I will be smaller than I am now and healthier. Just can't imagine being refered to as thin. I wish.

Interesting question.

I am finding it very hard to believe I will lose weight. I never ever have apart from the odd stone here and there, only to be regained again and bringing a friend with it!.

Recently, when looking at the sales I wanted to buy clothes as there were fitting me and a bargain and it was very hard to put them back and believe that they will be too big for me shortly and therefore a waste of money. Im getting my head around that fact that I will lose weight but in my mind I am thinking about five stone and not beyond that (I have alot more to lose). So mentally I am very far away from thinking I will ever be thin. That was always a dream for others and one I learnt not to dream a long time ago.

Should be an interesting journey

I never think of myself as getting thinner, but slimmer;)Dunno why:confused:

lol - its not just me then.
I keep correcting myself - i say "when i'm thin, well i mean thinner, not thin....."
Can't visualise it in my mind so hence, can't believe it might actually happen. This is backed up by all my friends and family saying "i can't imagine you thin, it's going to be weird" !!

My mum actually said, 'you'll be skinny' and I laughed and laughed my head off. I can't get my head around not being fat let alone thin(ner) (see I can't say it either). I've been fat for so long that I can't remember being anything else. But to me being less that 20 stone will be thinner! lol

I commented to my mum the other day that we'll be able to borrow each other's clothes etc something I haven't done since I was a kid!! I can't wrap my head around that at all.

I've not been "thin" since i was seven, so i have concept of what thin(ner) feels like and have no idea what i might look like. I keep examining my face, sucking my cheeks in and wondering if i'll have a pretty face or not. Bizarre !!

Haha nice to see I'm not the only one!!! Weird how our minds work isn't it!!!

I can't ever see myself as thin, and that's fine!! One of my ultimate goals is to be able to fit into my sister's jeans!! She is a size 14 (or a skinny size 12 when she's not having babies!!) and I've never actually fit into her clothes before, despite being 3 years younger than her!! Even the thought of being the same size as her is strange!!

Even the thought of being the same size as her is strange!!

i am now the same size as my skinny sister and all she keeps saying is that shes putting a lock on her wardrobe. Her trousers are safe as she 5 inches taller than me!!!! but anything else Whatch our sis!!!

i am now the same size as my skinny sister and all she keeps saying is that shes putting a lock on her wardrobe. Her trousers are safe as she 5 inches taller than me!!!! but anything else Whatch our sis!!!

Lol!!! I'm sure my sis would be the same!! She is a giant (well 5'11'') so her jeans wouldn't fit me length-wise. But I may have to steal some of her other clothes. I have lost a lot of my nice jumpers and tops recently as she was 9 months pregnant!! Nice to see I can be of use!!! Lol. She had her baby this morning at 12.20.

Congratulations Auntie.

Thanks!! I'm dying to go and see him now!!! I have a bug at the moment so obviously wouldn't go until that clears up!! I have seen a picture though. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! Another lovely nephew to spoil to death!!!

I actually posted about this a few months ago, I was on a video chat with a friend back in America and she said 'you are getting so thin!' and I quickly without thinking said 'not thin, healthy!' which was absolutely no way to reply to a lovely compliment. I didn't even know I had a problem with thin as applied to me but obviously I did. I guess I have never, ever in the last 30 years been able to say I was thin and it be true. So, I have built up a negative response to the word. I have no trouble saying I am thinner or that I am slimmer but THIN is almost a curse word! And skinny well that one just makes me laugh, how could anyone call me skinny?? I have a friend that calls me 'you skinny b**ch' and I laugh mostly because I think it isn't true, well the skinny part anyway!

Nic:break_diet:

Back