• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do I need to pack towels??! Some advice on packing please!! :)

uglyduck16

Hi i am going into hospital tommorrow for my op on friday and i am not sure if i need to take towels with me or if they will be provided?? I am going to the alexandra hospital in cheadle manchester as a private patient.
Some advice on packing would rock!!
Thank you everyone!
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi Lizzie :)

Have you had a look through the sticky 'what did you really take into hospital'?

I did not need towels for showering (they were provided at Salford Royal) but a small bath cloth can be handy. And Shel is right, have a look in the sticky. Lots of good advice there.:)

I was in the Spire private hospital in manchester I took towels but there were plenty in the bathroom so its up to you if you want your own...good luck for friday if I dont catch you before hand...xx

Thank you everyone for your replies- i would be lost without you all!!! :rolleyes:
If they have got towels there then i do not see the point in taking my own- one less thing to pack!! hehehe ;)
Ava, are you going to be in the same bit as me then when you come on sat?? I have never had anything done privately before so i do not know what it is like.
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi Uglyduck

I had my op done at the Alex in Cheadle - the place is more like a hotel than a hospital, make sure you ask for a daily complimentary paper to be brought up at reception when you check in, you wont need towels, in fact you wont need anything, if they suggest you spend the first night in ICU (like i did) ask them to make sure you have a TV available as it gets a bit boring listening to all the others watching there TV's, food wont be an issue as you wont be eating, but they do a huge range of drinks, and if you have a particular want they will fulfil it, i prefer hot milk to tea or coffee and god bless the kitchen staff as they only went and got me some, you will have a nurse assigned to you at each shift change, the beds are really excellent...........and it really is like a good hotel, that is until they start sticking needles into you :D but if your a bit of a masocist like me they will let you do your own :D

Good luck and look forward to hearing about your experience when your on the losing side !

Richard

Thank you Richarch for your lovely message :D :hug:

Xxx Lizzie xxX

can't remmber if i took towels just wanted to say good luck form friday and look forward to seeing you on the losing side. x

Thank you tammy!!! :hug99: :D:D I can't wait to be on the loosing side ;) hehehe!!!

Xxx Lizzie xxX

Back