• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do many people have loose skin after a band?

Beebs

Hi all,

I know this kind of thing tends to depend on a number of factors such as age, levels of exercise, rate at which weight is lost, etc. But I am curious to know the general concensus here, whether many post-band-oppers on this forum have found themselves left with lots of loose skin?

Many thanks
Beebs

I expect I will have loads... After being fat for all my life, at 62 I don't think that I have much elasticity left in my skin. Think it is well and truly stretched out lol
But for me that is another hurdle.

It doesn't matter how you lose weight be it by bypass, sleeve, band or sheer will power.

Most people will be left with loose skin and no amount of magic lotion and potions will help no matter how much they cost.

Exercise will only tone up your muscles not loose skin.

Genetics is the only thing that will stop you having loose skin
HTH

lamornamiss said:
It doesn't matter how you lose weight be it by bypass, sleeve, band or sheer will power.

Most people will be left with loose skin and no amount of magic lotion and potions will help no matter how much they cost.

Exercise will only tone up your muscles not loose skin.

Genetics is the only thing that will stop you having loose skin
HTH

I'm sure I will be left with lots! But my theory is you can hide the skin! You can't hide fat! And lose skin isn't going to kill but fat can! Am xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Agree with everything above but maybe with a band as u ll loose skin more slowly than other procedure, u may have more time to tone up via exercise....maybe....::)

I have some but it is not too bad. Losing it so slowly seems to be working for me. I am hoping the genetics thing is true. My mom has lovely smooth skin at 76 - not a wrinkle in sight!

tranquil x

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I didn't realise that loose skin isn't that affected by exercise!!! :eek:

But definitely agree that slow & steady sound best, now I can at least be prepared to stock up on the 'miracle tightening cream'... though if anyone ever finds out what that is, feel free to let me know :D

I was very lucky and managed to get a tummy tuck on the NHS at my max weight loss...however this was 6 years ago now. Sadly all come back after having my band removed, plus some!

Back