• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you apply for funding or isit done automatically?x

natnat92

hi all I'm currently on tier 4 at Luton and Dunstable hospital I meet the surgeon in April and I'm guessing this is a formality to what I would like done and put on the list? Could completely be wrong i'm not entirely sure how this so called funding thing works does it mean after I see the surgeon he applies for Funding or does my gp apply for it I'm so very confused by it all any help would be very much appreciated xx

Hi ya,
I had my gastric bypass done in Southampton and on NHS. When I meet surgeon we discussed what type of surgery would be best for me, made a choice and I was in having my opp within a month. As I was NHS and fully funded they did all the paperwork and I didn't have to do anything.
Should say as well I had my opp done in Spire (private hospital) so had my own room etc XX

hi all I'm currently on tier 4 at Luton and Dunstable hospital I meet the surgeon in April and I'm guessing this is a formality to what I would like done and put on the list? Could completely be wrong i'm not entirely sure how this so called funding thing works does it mean after I see the surgeon he applies for Funding or does my gp apply for it I'm so very confused by it all any help would be very much appreciated xx
Hi I am also at Luton. At the end of tier 3 I met a general medical doctor who passed me fit for surgery and it then took 6 months for me to meet the bariatric surgeon who gave me a date for 3 months after then. All the surgeons are different, I had Mr Jain and I believe the waiting lists are longer now, but I did not have to apply for funding. Good luck. They are an amazing team at Luton xx

Welcome and good luck I’m at Luton too but did not get involved with the funding, I have my gastric bypass on 27th March, I started my journey with the June 2016 and had to be assessed for a year, I saw my Mr Jain in November so approx 4 months after seeing him I should have my surgery, providing I’m not cancelled due to bed shortages xx

Back