• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you eat even if you are not hungry?

LBD

This probably sounds like a daft question but do you banders still eat even if you are not hungry?

I am conscious of trying to stick to three meals a day so that I am less likely to pick and snack in between.

However quite often I am not hungry at lunch time but I still make myself eat something so as to reduce the risk of snacking on something bad later on in the afternoon. I should point out that I only have a very tiny amount of restriction at the moment.

Is this the right thing to do or should I just eat when I am hungry?

Very good question Lisa, we are all different but this is what personllay works for me i try to stick to the 3 meals because when i havent i have been hungry say an hour past when i usually eat and some times the wrong food choices can be made especially if your out and about, i find eating my meals at set times wether hungry or not works for me because as you say theres less risk of snacking inbetween especially on bad snacking food types. Im sure there will be other banders that do things differently to me but thats what works for me best x

Dont know what happened then, as i was saying try to have 3 lmeals a day and getting out of bad habbits of not eating all days then starting at 4pm nibbling and then not stopping till ive had a huge plate of dinner about 7pm..........cant wait til i have some restriction i had lost 16lb but its slowely creeping back on :(
xxx

I also stick to 3 meals a day - even if I'm not hungry. In the early days of my band, I would only eat when hungry & then be starving & want to eat something quick - resulting in poor "choices" such as crisps, biccies etc.

I tend to not be hungry at Breakfast (and also find this is when my band is most restrictive) so stick to a protein shake & I don't feel as if I am actually eating anything!

Hiya
as you know i'm still waiting for 1st fill , but i do try to eat every 4 hrs or so , as i need to get into a good routine for after the fill, and although i haven't lost weight since the first wk i haven't put any on either so not to bad .

after my last fill i now have good restriction, i find that i need to remember to eat as i dont really get hungary anymore. i do stick to 3 meals a day, if i didnt then i just wouldnt eat enough. im not bothered about snacks.

before i had restriction i used to get a bit fed up as id didnt think my band was working, i can see now that its just a matter of getting the right restriction.

i had a hernia repair at same time as having my band fitted so my surgeon didnt do a fill for 10weeks. i had no restriction whats ever. i could eat anything and really had to watch what i ate.

now ive got 6.5mls in my band and its just right for me.:D my surgeon told me it would take time to loose the weight and i now fully appreciate what he meant, iv learnt that its not going to happen over night, somewhere in the back of my mind i thought i would wake up slim! impossible i know.

sallie

Back