• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

doctors! proved them wrong!

charlie_pops

so when i first asked about the bypass i got a flat no from my doctor. i went to the weight management, got a glowing recommendation for the op off them and still got a no. i had to get the practice manager to have a meeting with him and the 3 other doctors at the practice to discuss my case, he eventually agreed to sign the referal form.

anyways today i went for some calcium tablets and its the first time ive seen him since my op. he went oh i see ur abit thinner than when i last seen you ( 3st lighter) then proceeded to tell me that i shouldnt be on multivitamins and calcium.

what a stupid man! so i just praised my surgeon and nurse team and told him how helpful theyve been and what a brilliant support they are and that shut him up. :8855::8855:

yep, it was all infront of him on the computer screen, he tried to give me fizzy calcium tablets. i think he might have been bitter over my op. id rather that mr woodcock the surgeon had said no than my doc as he does the op everyday and knows more :)

It's really hard when you get a GP that doesn't understand. I was lucky as he had a friend who had had the op and had been successful so he didn't hesitate about referring me. Even though had the op it's the nurses in my practice that don't understand but at each visit I will educate them.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back