• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh Dear...

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
...A good friend came to visit me today, and I aint seen him for a while.
He walked into my house and the first thing he said was.....MY GOD MATE, YOU LOOK ILL. :(
He said that I am to thin, and my face looks very thin and gaunt, and my cheek bones are sticking out and that he could see the outline of my skull.
He said sorry, and that he was only telling me as a friend.
Thing is, I feel great (apart from when my gallstones flare up), I take all my vitamins without fail, I exercise every day.
I'm 6'2 tall and now weigh 15 stone 10, which according to the charts at the doctors, I'm still overweight.
So I dunno, just feel a bit miffed really. :cry:

Last edited:
arghhhh you cant win hey, to big, to thin, at the end of the day it prob comes as a big shock to your friends who you havent seen a while when there used to seeing you at your biggest, on paper your fine, your team is obviously happy with you etc so health wise your fine, i wouldnt worry to much, once he s got use to seeing you etc he prob wouldnt even notice those things he s told you about....or he may have looked out for things to say as he knows you ve lost alot of weight and may be worried?.. who knows, but your healthy n fine, and thats all that matter s :)

I think it is more likely a case that people have to get used to how you look now. You have had such a huge transformation, it is obvious that people will take time to the new, improved you.

Don't worry too much about it hun x

Hi Kim

You look really well but I suppose he was just a bit shocked at just how much you had lost. You have lost over 11 stone so you are bound to look very different. Try not to take it to heart x

hi..

dont feel miffed,you look just fine!!

some people just say things without really thinking!!
MY FAMILY are just like that,but now I take no notice..lol

take care xx

I know how you feel, I have only lost 5 stone but have already been told by a couple of friends I dont need to lose anymore. I still have 2/3 stone to go, you cant win.

Think it as a positive, "you can see your cheek bones" how wonderful.

you feel fab, just ignore it. xxxxxx

How recent is the after pic in your signature Kim? I think you look fine in that.

There was a period when my face went to gaunt, but my weight is fairly stable now and I think my face has filled out a bit. The same might happen to you?

The thing is if youd always been this weight then people wouldnt think anything of it !! its just because they are used to you being who you were before and it takes time to get used to the new you, i for one think youve done fantastically and look fab and healthy, if i saw you walking in the street i certainly wouldnt think that you looked ill, you would look like a bloke walking up the street !!! dont let it get you down just remember that your friends dont see you as the old 'big' friend that you were, they will get used to it and in the mean time.... its their problem not yours !!!

XXX Dawn

I reckon its just he knew you as you were for so long I assume, and the new you was such a shock!

Awwww thanks for the nice comments guy's. I love this place and all of you. xx ;)

Reactions: Bev
I think your photo is great Kim and you look really well and good.

It's often just how you feel at the time when people can just catch you, I wouldn't worry about it, it's really how you feel and I bet you feel a damn sight better than you did before the surgery.

Keep positive, you've done brilliantly,
Love and hugs xxx

Of course he can see your skull, you have your head shaved!!! Daft fella he is.
You have done so well and all that matters is what makes YOU happy.
Steph xx

dont worry kim - your friend will soon get used to the new you! - hes so used to seeing the old you that the new slim kim is going to take some getting used to, you look fabulous luv and obviously feel healthy enough. xxxx well done! xxxx

Well, 12 stones is a drastic weight loss and in less that a year, congratulations!

You do look totally different, yes... like a different person... but it's all good in my opinion.

At the end of the day, you alone lugged that 12 stones around on your back every day. You alone felt every ache and pain it caused you and I'm sure it did. None of us go into this on a whim.

Many years ago I lost a lot of weight and got down to about 11 stones..... oh the comments from people were unbelievable. Now that I'm 12 stones heavier the comments are still unbelievable as are the pitying stares!

What I know is that we just can't please all of the people all of the time, or even some of the people some of the time. So you know what, Im planning to please my damn self an sod what anyone else has to say. They dont walk around in this overweight, restricted body.

Good luck to you.

Kim as the others have said, you have lost a lot and your friend hasn't seen you for a long time. Take the time to see a bit more of him and he'll get used to the new you...

You have totally transformed but don't take offence cos i think cuddly Kim was a fine figure of a man too :) x

I agree with everybody else Kim, going by your after photo you look great, just like any other normal weighted bloke should.

Your pal just needs to get used to seeing what was hiding inside the layers of fat before..its still you, just your free now.

How recent is the after pic in your signature Kim? I think you look fine in that.

There was a period when my face went to gaunt, but my weight is fairly stable now and I think my face has filled out a bit. The same might happen to you?
I think that pic is around 2 months old. I will take another pic tomorrow and post it up. ;)

I do think we have mental images in our heads of people we have known over the years...
your not that picture now hun....
he will get used to it....
ignore that and concentrate on the people that have said you look great(which you do by the way)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Back