• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

doctors

ruthw

did anyone get a choice in what type of op :confused:my consultant told me im having a sleeve,i saw him for the 3 rd time on 20 december and told me im on the waiting list x:rolleyes:thought id been on list since june when i first saw him and and told me i could have op ,and dont need to apply for funding because of my health issues .

hey sweets i think you may get a chance to put your opinion across on what youd like weather you get it and the surgeon agrees is another matter, i would just accpet this is the op your getting and its for the best as the surgeon obviously thinks this im having it toooo :) xx

Hiya

I would say you do have a choice of what surgery you have. If your not happy with the one that your team has said talk to them about it.

Jo
xx

Me and hubby were told we had could decide but when I said I wanted a bypass my surgen said good cause that is the only one I would be willing to do, however my hubby can decide foe him self and was told to think about it and tell them at next appointment. Like someone said I would take whats on offer and run you hear so many people say it is so hard to get. At the end of the day the nhs may say you can decide fo your self but in the real world that may not be the case... I have worked for tem for years ,... Good luck some great results with the sleeve on here

Mr El Hasani doesn't give his patients a choice....

I asked for a bypass and my surgeon said that is what he would have recommended for me anyway x

I havent seen surgeon yet, but the dietician and bariatric nurse both recommended a bypass for me given my eating habbits and health issues! I am happy with this, I know I would cheat with a band and probably risk stretching a sleeve; the bypass would probably give me the best restriction and therefore the best chance of sticking with it.

rose im on the waiting list now did anyone mention funding to you ?how long did you wait again ,and what is the meeting about ,thanks love

Back