• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone know....???

ditzeeblonde

I was given funding by my pct & have been reffered to Charing Cross & have my first appt there on the 14th May. I have been losing weight quite well this year (down to being diagnosed with diabetes & cutting out carbs) and I was wondering can they refuse me surgery if my bmi is under 40 now? I could possibly lose another 8-10lbs before my appt which would take me to a bmi of around 38. Not a skinny minny by any stretch!!

I'm really hoping for a sleeve would that be out of the question with a lower bmi?

Thanks in advance for all your words of wisdom. xx

Hello there

My BMI is the same as urs roughly and I was give choice of bypass or band when I went to see my surgeon this feb.....due to go for signing of consent forms this week....But I would like to say I have underlying health issues as well which went in my favour......HTH All the best - MeJulie x

I had my sleeve done at Charing Cross this February and my BMI was just There were people there who were smaller than me (and others who were bigger than me). The one thing I will say is that they are an excellent team there and I would go along and ask them. xx

I too am a fan of the wonderful team at Charing Cross. I had my bypass there on the 19th Jan 2010 with the wonderful (and dishy) Dr Olbers.

You have to have a BMI of over 40 to be considered for surgery or over 35 with diabetes or other "problem" so even if you lose weight and stay over the 35 bmi mark you will be find.

They wont tell you much at your first appointment though as it is just for information and it is a group session but you will find it useful and also you will get a chance to speak to others that had their ops there. Keep posting and let us know how you get on

@ditzeeblonde, I also have my first appointment at Charing Cross soon, a week before yours! Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

You will be in very good hands indeed, I had my op at Charing Cross in Feb this year and they were fab.
Well done on losing so much weight, I hope your appointment goes well.

Bunny x

Back