• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does gone forever really mean 'gone forever'?

It's completley understandable that your feeling down. You've been so unlucky.

I hope you get the resolution you want. Fingers crossed for you x

steph im not religious either but yes u can do that 4 me if u think it will help ty my friend x

Gail ty also x

......... im sorry i dont wanna hijack this thread i appoligise x

Nothing to apolgise for. I'd be (or may well be) the same.

The bands are faulty and all your getting for it is a load of horrid scarring on your tum. What a pain in the neck!

Fingers crossed for you and I believe you will get the bypass you want. x

CC we will see i will let ya no x

I'd like to think it would be gone forever but I'm realistic enough to know that even following WLS we will need to continue monitoring what we eat for the rest of our lives.

I often ask myself why I'm putting my body through this (as I'm sure we all do) and why not just make the effort to lose the weight by cutting back what I eat and exercising more! But I have no will power and it's only a matter of time before I'm back to helping myself to seconds (I still cook family size meals even though there's only me and my son at home now) and also picking at food while I'm cooking!

I'm greedy and I'm lazy :eek:

The reason I want the bypass is to reduce the quantities I eat so I'm hoping once I get to my ideal size/weight I can maintain it as my pouch will help prevent me from eating too much again. I will also feel more confident in playing sports again and getting back on a horse without fear of breaking it's back ;)

I didn't get funding and I think that has helped. It took hell and high water to get the money together, and OH took on most of the debt. So I feel I have to make this work and keep working because I know what it took to pay for this op. I cant let myself down and I cannot, will not, fail those who supported me and helped me get the op. I have never spent anywhere near that amount of money in one go, on myself. It is still early days for me, and therefore all I can do is hope that my determination and will power will keep me strong enough to stay on the right track, for ever.

Just wanted to reply to 2 bands liz, there is nothing to be sorry about we are all on here to support each other, no matter what op we have all had we all know what it's like to feel depressed and frustrated with weight so know that I am here and I will keep everyting crossed you get the help you need and deserve. BIG HUGS

I didn't get funding and I think that has helped. It took hell and high water to get the money together, and OH took on most of the debt. So I feel I have to make this work and keep working because I know what it took to pay for this op. I cant let myself down and I cannot, will not, fail those who supported me and helped me get the op. I have never spent anywhere near that amount of money in one go, on myself. It is still early days for me, and therefore all I can do is hope that my determination and will power will keep me strong enough to stay on the right track, for ever.

Same here Dawn, I went private and my mum helped to pay for my band.

As you know she recently passed away and this was due to obesity related illnesses. I owe it to her and myself to make this work.

Im under no illusions that any losses will be permenant, I will have to make the most of my WLS tool and work with it.

we will forever have a problem with weight but we have the Chance for a new life its up to me, you to keep it that way big hug xxx

I am doing this because I want to and I want my life back. I know it will be hard and it has taken me a long time to realise what a total P**** I have been. I am doing this for me and I am really lucky that I have total support from my family, but if I didn't I would still go on with my decision.
You made the decision to do this, so go for it. Anyone who has any negative comments isn't worth listening to. If it is someone cole to you tell them how they are making you feel, if they really care about you they will back off
I hope this helps

Bryan i think you got the wrong end of the stick mate.... I have no doubts about having my surgery and i have a wonderfully supportive family....

The thread is this: Is the weight loss forever or will it creep back on if we don't keep a close eye on the dreaded lbs...

Liz, hijack all you want hun, you've been dealt a bum hand again and it just aint far or right... xxx

No it is not gone forever but it can be if you work with your op. If you follow the rules of your surgery, attend support groups and all follow up appointments you stand a good chance of keeping the weight off.

Bryan i think you got the wrong end of the stick mate.... I have no doubts about having my surgery and i have a wonderfully supportive family....

The thread is this: Is the weight loss forever or will it creep back on if we don't keep a close eye on the dreaded lbs...

Liz, hijack all you want hun, you've been dealt a bum hand again and it just aint far or right... xxxhave i upset anyone sorry i didnt mean 2 :(

sorry x

You're far too sensitive!!!! You've not upset a soul that I know of. Your posts have been informative. So I don't want to hear "sorry" uttered from your lips again or else I'll fly my helicopter up to Newcastle and deliver you some :whoopass: :D

I agree 200% cah-ching i'll put the fuel in your copter lol...

Liz you couldn't upset anyone if you tried.... Maybe i wasn't clear...

You can hijack my thread, i think you have had a bum hand with your bands and you can vent and moan on any of my posts anytime xxx

I came to the realisation a long time ago that I will always need to be careful around food - even with this operation. I know of a few people who have had the bypass and put the weight back on as they have gone back to the bad habits they previously had after a couple of years. Thankfully this operation has enabled me to come of the diabetes and cholestrol tablets and I don't ever want to go back to them. For me this means always keeping an eye on my weight and to cut back if I start to put on, eat healthy and get regular exercise

I was a bulk eater and a consumer of fat, i.e. double cream and butter. Hardly ever had take aways, all home cooked meals. I could however sit and demolise a family bar of choccie in one sitting and feel very sick afterwards lol (didn't ever stop me from doing it though).

I am hopeing that the bypass will mean that I never go back to my bad habits and thereby put my weight back on, the very thought of going through all this to be back where I started terrifies the life out of me.

Me too!, as someone who once lost nine and a half stone and put it all back on Im terrified too. Hopefully as Im going into it knowing its not a magic cure I will do better this time. (fingers crossed) x

Back