• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Down and Depressed

Scales give or take away joy. Take back your power and don't be a slave to them. If you are being weighed officially monthly or whenever, stick with that WI and ditch your scales for now. They seem more foe than friend at the moment.

How often are you going to be weighed??
I agree with plus, get your lovely husband to hide those scales and only be weighed every month/fortnightly or whatever. ~ The scales are banned!!!:scale:

Xxx Lizzie xxX

Alia this time last week i was in the same boat as you hadnt shifted a lb all week. I put it down to my body being in shock and getting used to living with so little food. Out of pure curiosity i got on the scales the following day and still nothing. Although i have been getting the fluids and protien in and going to the loo regularly thanks to benifiber. Sorry to be so graphic but later that day i got the urge to go to the loo again and i couldnt believe the amount that left my body so easily. hence to say the following day i had shifted 3 lbs.
hope all settled down fro you
hc

Good evening all and thanks for all taking so much time and showing so much concern, I'm not used to having so many people caring about me.

I'm feeling much more positive today. When I got on the scales this morning I still had n't lost and I did n't go into melt down.

My best friend came over this morning, as she has done every day that my husband has been at work since I had this op to help look after my baby and we had a good chat and agree with so much you say here. I'm not eating, I'm not drinking so I guess as you say my body is going into shock and holding on to every last bit it can do.

After lots of talks with her we decided that a good thing for me to do was to get the slimfast shakes in the powder form so that I can control how much I take at one time. I'll divide the amount of once shake into 3 drinks and have 6 aday, thats the equivilent of the 2 shakes a day that people with normal eating ability take and I'll have in the evening some vegetables or what ever else takes my fancy in the pureed form.

I also bought some fibre sachets to try to get things moving and I'm taking your advice to stop the iron for a few days and give my body chance to clear its self out.

I drove today with my friend to boots and then to asda, first trip out since my op and really thought I was fine to do it. I was fine around boots, and next door in the Next store as I can never resist a Next store for my baby boy and NEVER come out empty handed. By the time we got half way round asda I'd had it. The trolley had gotten really heavy and I had n't really noticed it and I started getting pain in my side and began to feel nausious and clammy with a huge headache.. that was the point when I realised I'd not eaten anything today nor drunk anything except half a cup of milky coffee this morning. Suffice to say by the time I got home I was in a terrible state and has to abandon my friend down stairs with all 6 of my kids including the baby and get into bed in the dark and try to sleep it off.. oh I had a half a tomato cup a soup so at least I had something inside of me.

I had n't been in bed more than 20 minutes when my hubby came home from work with my 2 sister in laws and on came the light and I had to sit up in bed and act nicely when all I really wanted to tell every one was to go and leave me alone.. my wound was closely inspected and there was more than one ewwwwwww comment. Needless to say hubby says he's taking my car keys to work tomorrow to stop me going out as I was n't meant to be doing anything cause of my scar opening.

Best bit of the day was standing on the scales at boots and seeing I'm 2 stone down. I'm taking the batteries out of my scales and am going to drive to boots once a week and weigh myself first.

Positive steps, no looking back!!!

Alia xxx

Hi Hun. It was good that you got out but sounds like you over did it. I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago. In the rush to get up and get going I forgot to eat an actual meal before I left (had a milky hot choc).

Like you I had plenty of steam for the first bit but felt like total poo by the time I got to the check-out. I just ran out of steam and felt clammy, sicky and generally irritable. So I can sympathise. It happens. You'll get the hang of things. My hubbs got me a no sugar-added juice which helped plus I had a bit of a rest on the bench outside the store. If you can bring your blood sugar up, you can usually recover for future if it happens again. Our bodies don't tell us like they used to when we are close to empty.

You are now taking steps to help yourself (the shakes idea is great) so you will start to feel better. Take care hun and keep that positive attitude, it will take you far.

;)Nic

Yesterday was the first day of using the shakes as a method to get all my proteins and everything else i need.

I had a ready made shake that lasted me from mid morning till early afternoon, just taking small sips of it and then later in the afternoon my amazing friend made me up half a shake in the blender with ice and it was lovely, tasted much better than the ready made one, think they are handy if I go out and don't have access to the normal ones. I also had half a small cup full of pureed butternut squash and sweet potato and an activia fat free yoghurt. Did n't manage to get the other half of my shake in but I certainly felt better having had a few more calories than I have been having.

I'm still suffering from my trip out, yesterday I was barely able to move, I started having a pain in my left side under my breast while I was out and by yesterday it was alot worse. It does n't hurt to push or prod in the area of the pain but when I sit up or move my left arm up or even try to bend slowly I get this horrific spasm pain. I'm wondering if its muscular but I also had a hernia repair around that area during my gastric bypass so I'm a bit worried. Its not as bad today but still takes my breath away if I move. Has any one else had pain like this? oh I was pushing the trolley round asda and when I lost steam my friend took the trolley and she was saying omg its so heavy no wonder you are feeling rubbish, I had n't noticed how heavy it had got as we went round the store so maybe that has something to do with it.. gosh I do waffle on sorry guys.

Hubby has the day off work today as my baby has an appointment at the hospital for a check up after the time he spent in hospital and we are going to have a walk around costco but no pushing trolleys fo me

g'day my love!

i like ur posted goals! sounds reasonable and very positive!

make sure u have something to eat or drink b4 the appointment -- and take a shake for later...dont want you feeling worse!

Hello Missy Nina... thanks for the advice. I made sure I had finished my slimfast before we went to his hospital appointment and took a big bottle of Evian with me. I managed to get around half of Costco before I had to go and sit in the car and wait for hubby and Haydar. I was feeling pretty crappy by then. Mo bought two great big pizzas for him and the kids and stopped at mcdonalds and got chips for the kids and a fish meal for himself... I held onto his full fat extra large coke all the way home and was n't tempted one little bit to have a sip YEAH ME!! lol, felt pretty crappy though so had a cup a soup as soon as I got home and felt much better after that so a better day than our trip out the other day ;) Getting there slowly

Glad you've had a better day Alia:D Is your wound ok now?

Hey, didn't want to just read and then go so Just thought i would say well done to you so far, You are doing great and It will get better for you. Glad you feeling a little better today. ((((HUGS)))) X

alia you are doing fantatsic. Little and often with food and exercise is the way. Listen to yr body and when it tells you enough is enough sit and stay. You are an inspiration to be getting through what you have gone through with 6 kids one being a baby. i know yr friend has been a tower of strength but you still have all the mental strain of dealing with 6 kids even if others are helping with the physical stuff.
Our BMI's weren't that far apart to begin with and although i had lost 2 stone befor surgery i wouldnt even like to hazzard a guess as to where i would be if i had had open surgery, a hernia repair plus a wound opening.
well done.
carole

Back