• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dressings

nicola1723

Ello bypassers!

Just 5 days to go now! Can I ask did the hospital supply you with wound dressing stuff? Just making a shopping list for boots! :) xx

Ello bypassers!

Just 5 days to go now! Can I ask did the hospital supply you with wound dressing stuff? Just making a shopping list for boots! :) xx

Im doing the same, dry mouth spray is top of the list, I'm allergic to plasters so have micro pore in I'm hoping thats ok to use?

I had mine done 29/10/13 and had no great wounds just five small incisions which were glued (less than half an inch each) that glue came off after 10 days and I use vitamin e oil to reduce any scar.
I hope that helps.

I was supplied dressings but only changed them once. Very small wounds. Good luck when you have your op. :)

I had my op 2 days ago. 4 sites had been glued. One had a dressing and I got given 5 extra dressings to go home with. I also found that they would give you most things if you asked. I asked for some anti sickness to go home with so they gave me 3 extra days worth :)

I was given dressings but it wouldn't hurt to have some to be safe :)

as allergic to plasters here i always have a supply of dressing in the house might take some to the hospital incase

Had my opp 4 days ago, only on wound has a bandage, the rest were ok just being glued. Going to buy some new dressings tomorrow as it's starting to peel from my shower, it's not ready to be open to the air, but Hosp didn't supply any :(

Had my opp 4 days ago, only on wound has a bandage, the rest were ok just being glued. Going to buy some new dressings tomorrow as it's starting to peel from my shower, it's not ready to be open to the air, but Hosp didn't supply any :(

I had this issue but I went to my local walk in centre and the nurse there redressed them and have me some more dressings in case I needed them. Benefit of doing that was that she checked the wound too. I think your gp surgery should do them too

I was given 15 plasters to cover the wounds for 3 seperate changes. Also need a check up with the nurse at my GP centre mid week and she will hopefully redress them too. Im not touching them for a while. All the time they are covered they are protected :)

Im 4 days post op xXx

I only had 5 very small wounds that were glued and stapled together. My 10 day appointment with the nurse and she removed the staples, and told me to leave them uncovered now. I've had no problems at all, using bio oil to help reduce the scars. I had bought some extra dressings, but didnt need to use them.

Back