• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dry skin

Yes aldi's moisturiser came out top didn't it, my mum swears by it. I don't buy into expensive creams, have always used a £1.99 face cream and I have pretty good skin, for now anyway!! Oohhhh I'm beginning to worry abt all this stuff now ..... :0(

I have developed almost like a red rash on my back sort of where my shoulder blades are.. I never normally have any type of skin problem, but until reading this thread didn't think it might be something to do with the bypass.. But thinking about it, then maybe it is.. It's like red rough skin on my shoulders.. But don't seem to have any other dry skin anywhere else apart from my face, but I just have always put that down to age lol!!

Yes aldi's moisturiser came out top didn't it, my mum swears by it. I don't buy into expensive creams, have always used a £1.99 face cream and I have pretty good skin, for now anyway!! Oohhhh I'm beginning to worry abt all this stuff now ..... :0(

I had a moment of madness and spend sixty quid on a pot of cream and have replaced it with the Aldi stuff- and I think my skin is better with the cheap stuff lol !!

I've used Aldi and lidl stuff and its great, but creams, even e45 isn't stopping my dry skin. Bio oil helps a little but I'm going to give coconut oil a try, just ordered it on amazon along with biotin!
Fingers crossed for less hairloss and softer skin.
One a plus note I bought a size 16 today!! That's made me feel better!! Xxxx

Before I used coconut oil I had (still have) double base on prescription- which is by far the best thing I had used until the coconut oil. I suppose it comes down to whether you are keen on going down the natural route or not!

I'd say they are very similar but the oil just pips it in my opinion.
Also- the oil solidifies under 24 degrees so it is easier to use that a liquid oil as such.

Hope it works for you all as well as its worked for me :) x (on day 3 of the biotin so shall report back on hair improvements ASAP!)

I find the double base shower gel is fab but think I'll give the coconut oil a try for moisturising. Does it smell nice?
I'm getting less splits in my skin since I stopped using soaps on the affected areas. I have eczema as well as dry ski n and have Dermovate for that, and sometimes one that has Canestan in it as well.
For cleansing the face I can recommend giving Liz Earle cleanse and Polish a try. My dryness and eczema has gone from my face, and no spots either. It's quite pricey but I only use about a 5p size blob twice a day and find that is sufficient.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what to use on a dry, itchy scalp without making your hair greasy or lank?

I use the £1 shops version of bio oil. It's really good and my skin is amazing. On my face I use the asda brand stuff.

Also I ha massive hair loss - have started taking skin hair and nail supplements. Just cheap ones from asda. The difference is astounding. My hair is thicker and glossier and I'm no shedding as much anymore.

I had eczema (it's a rare kind with a long name I can never remember) and had terrible skin rashes where my skin chafed and sweated due to the fat. I don't have any skin rashes now but do have dry skin. I think my skin was getting dryer as I aged and am not sure it's a wls specific thing. In any event, it certainly isn't something that would put me off having surgery and don't think you should worry about it at all !

It's ok I'm just starting to get nervous and the slightest thing makes me Panic haha surgery is in 4 weeks and whilst these are things I've never heard of due to op..... I'm so glad I joined this site as I now know what to expect. Nothing better than it coming directly from people who've actually had the op rather than ifs buts and maybes from
The experts lol anyway I hope Your skin improves miss tickle and thankyou for sharing your info :0) x

I have lost hair, but my hair is really thick so although it looks thinner to me its not been noticable to anyone else. My hairdresser has said its a bit thinner but nothing to worry about. He said it will start to recover soon.

My skin has been better since I started to cream it well.

Hope it helps. Mine was so bad that my mum commented on it straight away. and now its thick again as you can see from my latest pics. I've also used the triple resist elvive conditioner recommended by scooter in an earlier post of hers. That didn't hurt, but didn't help as much as the pills, but I am shedding a lot less now. Would run my hand through my hair and would come away with a dozen strands - now its more like the odd one.

So do I Yvessa. I'll give anything a try. I know the hair loss stops and grows back eventually, but I find it quite distressing. I'll try that conditioner too.

I think for many of us our hair was the one thing we could rely on to look like everyone elses. So it is very distressing. Never thought it would really bother me, but I was getting very upset by it.

Back