• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping Syndrome

I'm not sure . You need to watch the fat intake though because fats are very high in calories and are often 'slider' foods that are easy to take in. It is important to use the baypass as a tool especially in the first 6 months because thats when there is optimum weight loss. So try low fat foods where possible. skimmed or semi skimmed milk. low fat spread, reduced fat meat etc. etc. x x

Sue, I think over indulging in foods that are high in fat can result in the other kind of dumping if you get my drift lol.

similar to the xenical effect.

Yup, you only truly dump on sugar, which leads to an attack similar to that which a diabetic would suffer. Palpitations, dizziness, nausea, light headedness, sweating etc.

Fat does affect many bypassers post op, but it is more of an effect on the bowels. This can be cramping, urgency, diarhoea, bloating etc.

yeah as the others have said

I was informed
Sugar affect head
Fat affects other end lol:rolleyes:
Bread affects middle eg vomitting

yeah as the others have said

I was informed
Sugar affect head
Fat affects other end lol:rolleyes:
Bread affects middle eg vomitting

Mostly true, but bread doesn't affect everyone. I have no problem with it at all.

Sorry really stupid question by do bander's dump - I'm 2 week's post op so still really learning:eek::eek::eek: - :D

Not a stupid question. No, bander's don't dump. Dumping is caused by the lack of a valve from the stomach to the intestines, so food exits the stomach much more rapidly than it used to. A sudden rush of sugar into the intestines causes the dumping syndrome, by causing it to flood with 'water'. As it goes directly to further down the intestinal tract than previously this combination of uncontrolled passage through the stomach and a different type of cells in the intestine causes the dumping.

Not a stupid question. No, bander's don't dump. Dumping is caused by the lack of a valve from the stomach to the intestines, so food exits the stomach much more rapidly than it used to. A sudden rush of sugar into the intestines causes the dumping syndrome, by causing it to flood with 'water'. As it goes directly to further down the intestinal tract than previously this combination of uncontrolled passage through the stomach and a different type of cells in the intestine causes the dumping.

Thank you so much xx

Back