• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping!

Poor thing :( Chinese has quite a lot of hidden sugars and fats so it may have been that. I've had puréed curries which have been fine. Not heard I spice causing dumping myself.

As much as it can be a bit embarrassing to ask, my plan is to ask restaurants in advance. My first meal out is 24th dec and have checked with chef in advance about what they cook with and explained my situation. Most places are happy to help. :)

Been out today to meadowhall went shopping first,left it abit late for diner, anyway it was a anniversary diner,any way we had no sooner sat down and gone and got our meals it was a Chinese,and after 4 mouth fulls I felt like the chicken meat was stuck I felt hot and ill,had to go to the toilet to be sick, we didn't have to pay for meals has my wife explained I had just had operation,but paid for allysons drink,and stright home. Just wondering if Chinese food is too spicey? Don't want to feel like that again. BBB

I'd say more so than spice you'll find it's the sugar they put in Chinese food (like Nicola said) I've heard some people say their pouch doesn't like spices but to dump it's probably either fat or sugar. This whole process I've found is just trial and error, we all seem able to tolerate sugar/fat at different levels. I've got to say though, my op was October and four mouthfuls of anything are my limit and those mouthfuls take longer to eat than everyone else in my family takes to eat a plate full.

Sorry you had that experience BBB perhaps next time ask them to recommend something low fat low sugar? They are usually only too happy to help x

I'd say more so than spice you'll find it's the sugar they put in Chinese food (like Nicola said) I've heard some people say their pouch doesn't like spices but to dump it's probably either fat or sugar. This whole process I've found is just trial and error, we all seem able to tolerate sugar/fat at different levels. I've got to say though, my op was October and four mouthfuls of anything are my limit and those mouthfuls take longer to eat than everyone else in my family takes to eat a plate full.

Sorry you had that experience BBB perhaps next time ask them to recommend something low fat low sugar? They are usually only too happy to help x

Had some plain chicken and paliu rice still feel ill,and still feel sick,are we supposed to just have sml unmounts ? And the stitch pain kills,I don't think I'm doing my eating right as I can feel Hungary not all day but I seem to want to top my tummy up every two hours.
Is there foods that we digest quicker? Help ? BBB

I think you need to talk to your dietician BBB, I just know I have never felt hungry since my bypass, and after seeing my dietician she said that feeling full after a small amount was normal (that isn't to say your hunger and wanting to eat every few hours isn't normal, I just think we are all different)

I had stitch in my left hand side after my operation for three weeks then it disappeared, that's because it was where my surgeon did the work on my bypass predominantly.

I think we digest all food quicker. It's the nature of the pouch. Seriously though pain should be checked out with your doctor xx

I think you need to talk to your dietician BBB, I just know I have never felt hungry since my bypass, and after seeing my dietician she said that feeling full after a small amount was normal (that isn't to say your hunger and wanting to eat every few hours isn't normal, I just think we are all different)

I had stitch in my left hand side after my operation for three weeks then it disappeared, that's because it was where my surgeon did the work on my bypass predominantly.

I think we digest all food quicker. It's the nature of the pouch. Seriously though pain should be checked out with your doctor xx

Today,breakfast was a few bran flakes,then waited 30m to have a coffee, then at lunch had three rivitas nothing on them,had a glass of milk,tea was about three strips of chicken and pialu rice, and I'm getting bubbling noises and I feel like I could eat another mouthfull.
Off to drs soon to get more vitamins.
BBB

Do you go to Morrisons? They have Melba toasts in their NuMe range and I love those as a snack with cream cheese, you haven't had much at all.

Today I've had two tablespoons of porridge, a yogurt mid morning, a quarter of a cheese toastie for lunch, then mid afternoon two Philadelphia on Melba toasts then for dinner chicken tikka masala and two tablespoons of rice. I've also had two 300 ml glasses of sugar free crusha milkshakes.,

That's an awful lot of carbs bbb. You need to focus on high protein foods at your stage such as fish, meat and eggs. Not ryvitas and rice Hun.

Actually BBB you know what's great for lunch those tins of mackerel/sardines in tomato sauce, high protein too.

Yve is the voice of experience I'm barely still keeping food down.

Actually BBB you know what's great for lunch those tins of mackerel/sardines in tomato sauce, high protein too.

Yve is the voice of experience I'm barely still keeping food down.

Hi just letting you know I'm not feeling as Hungary as I was after a meal.I've managed to lose 8 stones and still loseing weight. It feels great to start and lose the belly lol, I can't eat pasta or rice with out feeling horrible, the other day I shared a salmon sarnie with my wife and I was having problems keeping it down,I've gone off fish for now love chicken still and red meat.
A women in our town said she had gastric bypass and was telling me my stomachs would stretch more or less telling me it was a waste of a operation, I did say to her that shoveling chips pie and peas down every day would do that. I've seen her with big haddock and chips and buns,for me that's a waste of a operation. I don't want my old self back I've more energy and feel great get lots of compliments off women lol one women asked my wife if I was another guy lol. Will put some pictures on before operation and after.
Is there a place on this web site I do this ? Bigbeefybuilder

Well done! My tastes and what I can tolerate change every day. I can manage small amounts of pasta and rice but struggle with bread and potato. Meat and fish are fine as are all fruit and veg. Too much of anything fatty or sugary will make me dump still, which I'm actually pleased about! :)

Good luck with your onward journey :)

Back