• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well.. I guess it was bound to happen at some point.. may contain swearing

natashoorrr

The tears have started!!

I don't know what is pissing me off more. The fact that my family know how hard this is for me yet every other day they have pizza, kfc, steak and now curry..

or the fact that every time my stupidly shitty boring meal is made they all say oohh that looks nice. If you like the look of it.. ****ing make some for yourself and stop making me feel like **** that ive been eating naff all for two weeks and they can have whatever they want.

Maybe i'm annoyed at myself because I've let myself get in to this situation but right now it feels like im more angry at them.

I know its not going to be easy and never thought it would be but I am just so sick of me trying to do everything for other people to make sure they're okay and they can't just hold off for 14 days! Is that so difficult!

I know they have to eat and I know i'll feel better in the morning. Right now I feel like if i hear one more person say oohh its only for a few more days - Yes I am fully aware of that but you sat there going mmmm this is the best curry ive ever had.. oh wow its such a shame you cant have any.. how is your tea - I will actually thrown it at their head and say ITS ONLY FOR A FEW MORE DAYS THAT YOU CAN EXPECT MY FOOD AND PLATE IN YOUR FACE.

I feel better now :)

Thanks for listening :D

p.s it is also lady week and im 24 so i can still be an immature cow :)

He he, glad you feel better for getting that off your chest!

Not long now xx

lol I was laughing at myself getting to the end of that!

I would never say it to anybody in my family because I know its just me being hormonal and what not!

Yes! Less than 48hrs now! 1 day 9hrs and 41 mins till I go to the hospital to be exact! lol

what utter gits!

**dodges flying plates**

Awe go have a long shower, paint your nails have some non food treats :)

or put chilli powder on the loo rolls as they are bond to need them after the curry.. add insult to injury. ;)

Sorry but you are being unreasonable expecting other people to change their eating habits because you have to. I know that sounds harsh but think of all the times you have enjoyed pizza, kfc, curry etc and have you ever considered that others might be trying to diet? I know I haven't. After your op you will be surrounded by people for the rest of their life who can eat whatever they want, and you will always not only have to make the right choices, but eat much much less than you would have previously so try and look at this as a good practice run to prepare you for that. xx

Butterfly - My nails have taken a bashing these past few days but I think I might just do that! I might even have a go at doing a butterfly style on my nail! I think by the end of this - I could open a nail salon with the amount of stuff I've tried to do to keep me occupied :D

Beegee - LOL that is hilarious.. if i didn't value my life i'd so do that!

paddyp, I do agree with you, but as my hubby has taken the kids for KFC yesterday and McD today, I can understand the emotions .... I don't expect him to change his eating habits, but I do expect support, compassion, empathy and a willingness to meet me in the middle .... assuming he ever wants his socks washed, his lunch made and for me to deal with everything to do with christmas ever again!!!

Awwwwww Natashoor I know what you mean and like you I felt it more towards the end of my pre op as well.. The stress because the op is looming probably or simply because the smells and sights of real food seemed to be greatly heightened.... Of course people have to get on with their dietary needs around you. It's even harder on you in a family situation but equally it must be difficult for them too to eat normally whilst you, to them, eat a pittance. At least they are making supportive noises ... My hubby would look at my little liquid portion and with a sad sympathetic expression say sorry while he lifted his plateful and heartily tucked in... Many a time I wanted to stab him with my fork.. Realistically though he is a fantastic support and he does need to eat.
Your doing fantastically well hun and if it helps I felt getting the last weekend over with was a major hurdle ..my inner calmness returned xx

I quite agree Witch.. its one thing to see some random bloke in the street eating fastfood.. but when its a particularly stressful time of feeling hungry constantly and now (thanks to aunt flo) more emotional than normal - a little bit of support from my family and maybe a bit more understanding would be nice.

I know post op I will perhaps still like the idea of eating these things but I'll know realistically I can't eat that or that much.. but right now I could (but I know it would wreck my chance of surgery so I wont)

I do understand what you're saying and that I have to be aware of this but they wouldn't have let me get this far without me knowing this.. so on an emotional evening where the tears have already come thick and fast I just wanted to have a bit of a vent, I just wanted to blow off some steam!

Thanks Fem <3 I am so pleased I'm not the only one! lol.

I am pleased your calmness has returned :D This has been my first emotional outbreak and I don't really like to 'put on' my family having to listen to all this which is why I like this site so much! I think both they and I know how I'm feeling - I just needed to let it out and get over it!

I can understand how hard it is. We were out one night when I was still on the pre-op diet and everyone had dessert around me. I was literally in tears, but my fiance squeezed my hand and reminded me that it would not be much longer... While also stuffing his face with pudding. Grrrrr! well, hope you feel better soon. X

I can understand how hard it is. We were out one night when I was still on the pre-op diet and everyone had dessert around me. I was literally in tears, but my fiance squeezed my hand and reminded me that it would not be much longer... While also stuffing his face with pudding. Grrrrr! well, hope you feel better soon. X

:rotflmao:
Never stand in between a hungry man and his stomach!

You're doing really well hun, I know exactly how you feel at the mo. the worst is at work when they are bringing round cakes and choc, putting them under my nose and then hurriedly snatching them away saying 'oh I forgot you can't have anything' I'm going to ram them in the girls face next time lol!!! Seriously though you're soooo close hunny!!! Keep up the good work! How much have you lost so far? Xxxx

The tears have started!!

I don't know what is pissing me off more. The fact that my family know how hard this is for me yet every other day they have pizza, kfc, steak and now curry..

or the fact that every time my stupidly shitty boring meal is made they all say oohh that looks nice. If you like the look of it.. ****ing make some for yourself and stop making me feel like **** that ive been eating naff all for two weeks and they can have whatever they want.

Maybe i'm annoyed at myself because I've let myself get in to this situation but right now it feels like im more angry at them.

I know its not going to be easy and never thought it would be but I am just so sick of me trying to do everything for other people to make sure they're okay and they can't just hold off for 14 days! Is that so difficult!

I know they have to eat and I know i'll feel better in the morning. Right now I feel like if i hear one more person say oohh its only for a few more days - Yes I am fully aware of that but you sat there going mmmm this is the best curry ive ever had.. oh wow its such a shame you cant have any.. how is your tea - I will actually thrown it at their head and say ITS ONLY FOR A FEW MORE DAYS THAT YOU CAN EXPECT MY FOOD AND PLATE IN YOUR FACE.

I feel better now :)

Thanks for listening :D

Oh hun :( I'm not surprised you're feeling like that :( My boyfriend would feel guilty eating in front of me when I was on the preop and we would all sit down together - but they never had takeaways - maybe a discussion with your OH when you're in a calmer friend of mind? I don't know how supportive he's been but you will need all the support you can get.

Sorry but you are being unreasonable expecting other people to change their eating habits because you have to. I know that sounds harsh but think of all the times you have enjoyed pizza, kfc, curry etc and have you ever considered that others might be trying to diet? I know I haven't. After your op you will be surrounded by people for the rest of their life who can eat whatever they want, and you will always not only have to make the right choices, but eat much much less than you would have previously so try and look at this as a good practice run to prepare you for that. xx

As the apparent devil's advocate, I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. I have never stopped anyone eating anything, but do you know what, it doesn't hurt my family that they now eat healthier. And it supports me, and frankly, just as my weight impacted the whole family, the lifestyle changes should to and positively at that. Frankly, I would be furious if I was having to face those sorts of foods every night - not to mentioned undermined and struggling. I will say what I always say - you cannot face this struggle alone, ashamed and in secret. There will be days where you will be weak, sad, in need etc. And you need someone who can give you a hug and go cook/make you cook when you can't do it for yourself. Not someone who will suggest you join them in a takeaway. I couldn't have done it without my families support. Without them changing their bad habits at the same time as me. And without them being so proud of every nsv, every new difference and every activity. And to some extent, I expected no less - we are in this together as a family. I am not alone in my struggle.

Oh bless you hunny, I could only imagine how hard that will be. My hubby promises he will eat what I eat pre-op and have larger quantity a of what I'm having post op till I think he's supported me enough awwww. Just what the kids will have now I guess, we do eat rather balanced meals atm and only have take out once a month so it should not be too hard. But well done sweetie your tougher days will soon be behind you and soon will see results that will keep .giving you the motivation to keep going....

Oh bless you hunny, I could only imagine how hard that will be. My hubby promises he will eat what I eat pre-op and have larger quantity a of what I'm having post op till I think he's supported me enough awwww. Just what the kids will have now I guess, we do eat rather balanced meals atm and only have take out once a month so it should not be too hard. But well done sweetie your tougher days will soon be behind you and soon will see results that will keep .giving you the motivation to keep going....

Hubby did promise me this too and it worked until I had the balloon in and with it constant reflux. There was no way I was going to expect him to eat my monotonous bland food for six months so he got a reprieve. However I'm now bypassed and I'm so looking forward to us more or less eating the same food as each other. My recipe books are always lying out and We have so many new healthy dishes to try out together ..I can't wait to start :)

Back