• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping!

You can have soups - condensed soups made up with milk just tasted lovely. Or I would blend the heinz big soups - these worked really well for me and they're very high in protein.

See some people can tolerate slimfast and complan, and in the early days we are eating so little we need as much nutrition as we can get. I just think people are so different! You might find it easier to mix a little plain yoghurt with some milk and sweetener and add a white chocolate options to it for a high protein milky drink.

Oooh I'll give that a go, yes I thought that when I read Lippys post about having half of it, I just must be more sensitive :/

I find the complan disgustingly sweet too. I've only tried the vanilla and strawberry flavours. Probably not lower sugars but 'luckily' didn't set me off. Only use them cause they give me an energy boost. X

Yes exactly why I tried the banana I'm fine with the USM protein shake

You can have soups - condensed soups made up with milk just tasted lovely. Or I would blend the heinz big soups - these worked really well for me and they're very high in protein.

I can have mushed food now (after just a week) so I have a few options, I guess it's just going to be trial and error, I now know that 26g of sugar is too high for me ha

15g is my line these days - above that I'm playing with fire. So yeah - I'd maybe avoid the complan ;)

15g is my line these days - above that I'm playing with fire. So yeah - I'd maybe avoid the complan ;)

Haha yep going to start fresh tomorrow. Chalk this up as a learning curve.

Thank you so much Yve everyone, had a bit of a wobbly there.

Night night x

Haha yep going to start fresh tomorrow. Chalk this up as a learning curve.

Thank you so much Yve everyone, had a bit of a wobbly there.

Night night x

We are here for you Claire. Chin up. We've been there and know how overwhelming it can seem at times, especially when we have to get on with life and for most of us our nearest and dearest (no matter how supportive they are) simply don't have a clue what we have been through to get to the point of WLS, and the challenges we face after adjusting to our new lives. That's why this forum is so important.

Sadly, I do have to say again that when you are ready I would take-up with your provider the 'issue' with the advice sheet for the first weeks post-op. Are you sure they gave you the right one?! Lol! 46% sugar! Jeepers! xxx

It says complan on mine too hun. I just couldn't stand the sweetness so chucked it in the bin after a mouthful

At the end of week 2 when I'd battled thru the 30+ degree heat, helped organise and run the annual summer fun day (attended by 5,000 people) for a local charity I support and had a ladies 'experience' from hell on top of everything else, and had been on the hourly 125ml of simple fluids only, i felt I had nothing left in me and was on the point of collapse. I bought a bottle of Slimfast and had 150 ml as an hourly fluid. Later that day I had a call from my support nurse to see how I was doing - I mentioned I'd had to have some nutrition, and got a right telling-off. So, that really does demonstrate the difference between providers. x

We are here for you Claire. Chin up. We've been there and know how overwhelming it can seem at times, especially when we have to get on with life and for most of us our nearest and dearest (no matter how supportive they are) simply don't have a clue what we have been through to get to the point of WLS, and the challenges we face after adjusting to our new lives. That's why this forum is so important. Sadly, I do have to say again that when you are ready I would take-up with your provider the 'issue' with the advice sheet for the first weeks post-op. Are you sure they gave you the right one?! Lol! 46% sugar! Jeepers! xxx

Lol I'm such a soft cow I just filled up, thank you, I appreciated the hand holding. I feel like my nearest and dearest are just waiting to say "I told you so" so lonely sometimes.

Yep she definitely gave me the right sheet, but who knows maybe Complan have changed their ingredients and the leaflet is out of date you should look up Complans smoothies they contain even more sugar. Shocking, I wouldn't even give that much sugar to the kids, I threw the smoothies away.

I don't like making threads I just thought with so many people about to be post op they should be warned not to follow the sheets blindly, we are after all the ones who will be dumping not the dietician (I will call mine on Monday) they should at least put on the sheet to check the sugar content of everything before you put it in your mouth.

hi Claire, sadly your experience has given me a lesson to remember I am some way(not much I hope!) off from having my band fitted and I guess I will be getting the same advise you got so I will be checking the bottles and whatnot so I don't go thru what you have gone thru.

Families are funny things. i felt like that about my mum for ages. I felt like people were just waiting for me to start gaining again. But now everyone is so proud of me. Once life starts to normalise your hubby will come around. I know it must be so hard to deal with, especially with the general lethargy post op, but you'll get there. It'll get better one day at a time.

hi Claire, sadly your experience has given me a lesson to remember I am some way(not much I hope!) off from having my band fitted and I guess I will be getting the same advise you got so I will be checking the bottles and whatnot so I don't go thru what you have gone thru.

Ummm I don't think you have to worry honey, with a band. Or did I get that wrong?

Families are funny things. i felt like that about my mum for ages. I felt like people were just waiting for me to start gaining again. But now everyone is so proud of me. Once life starts to normalise your hubby will come around. I know it must be so hard to deal with, especially with the general lethargy post op, but you'll get there. It'll get better one day at a time.

It's gone a bit too far now, I'm waiting to see how I feel when I'm settled and feel better. I can't forget how low I've been and that he hasn't been there for me. Thanks though Yve xxx

my mum phoned after i had come out of theatre, i dont even think she meant to say it but said i didnt want you to have it done but its done now. Seeing how well ive coped this week shes had a complete turnaround and can see a difference in me already. Once your family realise what you have done is going to be so beneficial for your health they will be q'in up to offer you their support. x x x

my mum phoned after i had come out of theatre, i dont even think she meant to say it but said i didnt want you to have it done but its done now. Seeing how well ive coped this week shes had a complete turnaround and can see a difference in me already. Once your family realise what you have done is going to be so beneficial for your health they will be q'in up to offer you their support. x x x
It's just my husband, my mum died in June of Cancer of the Oesophagus my dad has been really supportive, he just lives a while away. My husband won't change his mind, he feels insecure because I've lost 7 stones already, in a lot of ways me being fat helped him to feel more secure.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your mum,
hopefully at some point in the future your husband can learn to get over some of his insecurities! You married him, made the choice to be with him for a reason x x

I've just dumped on a Complan light meal replacement sachet, I'm rather bitter about this as it's on my sheets given to me by the dietician after my bypass..for sure I'll be checking everything from now even what the "experts" suggested I eat.

I know there are a lot of people like me having their ops in October so just be aware, lol it's not nice :'(

Been out today to meadowhall went shopping first,left it abit late for diner, anyway it was a anniversary diner,any way we had no sooner sat down and gone and got our meals it was a Chinese,and after 4 mouth fulls I felt like the chicken meat was stuck I felt hot and ill,had to go to the toilet to be sick, we didn't have to pay for meals has my wife explained I had just had operation,but paid for allysons drink,and stright home.
Just wondering if Chinese food is too spicey? Don't want to feel like that again.
BBB

Back