• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eeeek

ClaireMarie

So my journey started 17 months ago, at 22 1/2 stones, I was referred for bariatric surgery by my GP, I've been lost in the system and have just got on with it, so at just over 16 stones I've got my date for my bypass as next Thursday, 3rd October, I just returned from an 11 mile walk (Mapmywalk is the best app ever) and got the call. I'm nervous now and having second and third thoughts but oh well..

Good luck :)

Thank you, you know I've been lurking this forum for so long, everyone is so lovely x

I found this forum after joining another forum which was mainly american based when I was doing my research on bands/bypasses I lurked for a while before jumping in, had some fab advice but as I am self funding I keep putting obstacles in my way when I should be taking the plunge :)

Don't delay it, you know inside what's right, we all do. I keep getting people tell me I don't need it now because I can do it myself, but you know they aren't the ones that do all the right things and get nowhere. I was on an American forum too but it all felt so alien to me, surreal.

Don't delay it, you know inside what's right, we all do. I keep getting people tell me I don't need it now because I can do it myself, but you know they aren't the ones that do all the right things and get nowhere. I was on an American forum too but it all felt so alien to me, surreal.

I know you are right its like when you are at the side of a pool and you have dipped your toe in and its cold, you KNOW you have to jump but you wish there was someone to push you :)

Yeah, ha could be a guilt thing we don't always feel worthy of so much money being spent on us. It's okay if it's for the kids or someone else, I just look around and so many people say they wished they'd done it years earlier, or missed the opportunity, you deserve it. :)

hi, you may be having a whole range of feelings but you have said " I got on with it" meaning to me at least it was still on your mind,well the time is here and you should try to think of the new life you will be getting and of the old life you have a wish to leave behind. I truly wish you all the best and enjoy the first day (post op) of the rest of your life

Yes I just couldn't sit about waiting, so I just put the surgery to the back of my mind and changed my lifestyle, I see it as a Godsend, it get so much harder the more you lose I've found.

You know it's so helpful being here it's so positive I just haven't found people around me anything but negative.

Thank you Franky I was thinking posh pout with an edge of ohmygodimdying...I think I carried it off..how's your bum?

Chrisa thank you, I'm glad the operation is over I kept thinking it was going to be cancelled at the last minute.

How's my bum!!??

Ha ha! That made me smile!
It's a long way from right, but the relief at 23.27 last night was amazing.
Thanks.

The near death look suits you.

I'm glad you enjoyed it ;p

I'm being let out tomorrow, thought I might get out today but no such luck.

Aww shucks you charmer you x

Back