• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

eggs?

Raynebubble

Hi peeps, good morning... its should be illegal being awake this early on a sunday morning... but hey ho.. im awake again!! just cant seem to lay in since op!!

well i do have a question.

Is there a limit to how many eggs we should have in a week.... when reading diets and nutritian advise for people who havnt had wls..they are advised to have no more than 3 eggs a week.

well for us who have had wls... eggs are a high source of protein... so for this i probably have... say... mmm about 6 a week... is this ok?

Raynebubble said:
Hi peeps, good morning... its should be illegal being awake this early on a sunday morning... but hey ho.. im awake again!! just cant seem to lay in since op!!

well i do have a question.

Is there a limit to how many eggs we should have in a week.... when reading diets and nutritian advise for people who havnt had wls..they are advised to have no more than 3 eggs a week.

well for us who have had wls... eggs are a high source of protein... so for this i probably have... say... mmm about 6 a week... is this ok?

Arrrr yuk

I was stand eggs since I've had bypass x

not an egg lover myself but i would really not recommend 6 they are really high in cholesterol i think 3 should be ok though :)

Me too!I loved eggs but they dont enter my head now,like fruit,veg or salad.It is so strange when foods you have loved for 50+ years drop of your radar.Thankfully I still like cheese and milk.I no longer enjoy a cuppa and have coffee all day,eat cereals for supper,and have developed a sweet tooth when savoury food was my preference.All unexplainable.

eggs are high in protein. so im sticking with them lol and i do like them xx

if it ain't broke don't fix it :) you enjoy them honey xx i probably have about 3 a month not just since op just never really bothered about them :)

The no more than 3 eggs a week rule was dropped some time ago as research showed they didn't cause high cholesterol and are good for you. I have a few a week : scrambled with smoked salmon for a cheap treat that feels expensive ( get the salmon trimmings for 99p a pack), I make frittata with eggs and cottage cheese for a high protein meal that fills you up and is great cold for lunch box ( 8oz low fat cottage cheese, two eggs whisked till smooth add garlic/herbs if liked) and pour over cold cooked veg, ham, turkey ham etc in a small baking tin and cook at 160 for 25-30 mins. You can sprinkle a little mature low fat cheddar in or on top if you like) but had forgotten about the good old boiled egg till you mentioned them on another thread Rayne. I'll boil a few as they keep for 5 days in the fridge once boiled and they'll make a brill high protein low carb snack to fill me up. Thanks for reminding me about them :eek:)

i thought the 3 a week rule had been dropped but wasnt sure. i love hard boiled eggs, soft boiled and fried lol..
ive gone off of scrambled and im okish with an omelette.. but then ive only made them with ham and cheese..so prob a bit bland... i need to experiment a bit more lol.
Im trying to achieve the art of making a poached egg lol.. im useless, but been given some tips so gona give that a go lol.

The no more than 3 eggs a week rule was dropped some time ago as research showed they didn't cause high cholesterol and are good for you. I have a few a week : scrambled with smoked salmon for a cheap treat that feels expensive ( get the salmon trimmings for 99p a pack), I make frittata with eggs and cottage cheese for a high protein meal that fills you up and is great cold for lunch box ( 8oz low fat cottage cheese, two eggs whisked till smooth add garlic/herbs if liked) and pour over cold cooked veg, ham, turkey ham etc in a small baking tin and cook at 160 for 25-30 mins. You can sprinkle a little mature low fat cheddar in or on top if you like) but had forgotten about the good old boiled egg till you mentioned them on another thread Rayne. I'll boil a few as they keep for 5 days in the fridge once boiled and they'll make a brill high protein low carb snack to fill me up. Thanks for reminding me about them :eek:)

mmmmmmmmmmm I love scrambled eggs, one of the few things I can eat easily and your receipe ideas seem lush and I'm def gonna try the fritata thingy :) I'm currently sat on the sofa drooling - off to whisk up scrambled eggs with a laughing cow light for lunch xxx

I love poached too ! Never like fried though

haha Angie.. have you asked i you can have options hot choc yet?? x

no i have my next appt on 1st march with spire so will try to remember then xx you might have to remind me though :)

haha i will keep reminding you Angie... im sure you can have them though..but best ask x

I love boiled and poached eggs with toast but since my op they just make me feel sick. I did have a cheese omlette at work the other day which was ok and I ate it really slowly but any way of eating eggs isn't good for me. Shame since we always have plenty from the chickens in the garden lol.

Kate x

Im sooo looking forward to a rasher of lean bacon, a tomato and a egg for a special breakfast !!!!!! I don't eat many eggs but in a salad or omlette is ok as long as i can still eat them post op.

its strange isnt it.. i hardly ate eggs pre-op apart from the occaional fried egg... now i love them lol x

i used to love scrambled eggs, cannot bear them at the moment,

I just had my dinner, it was a one egg cheese and chive omlete, delish xx

ive gone off scrambled egg too lol. ive just ordered these egg poacher things from kleeneze.. so when recieve it i will try a poached egg lol x

Back