• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

embarrasing fat bodies

Paula1975

what are people thinking of this.....its making me cry....i dont know why.

Its upsetting me as well. Its the incredulous tone when they are describing things thats going for me.
Also because its car crash telly.
:cry:

I think this is a great programme, the doctors are straight to the point but fair. No one forces anyone to eat - I know I eat & eat, it's my fault I'm fat not anyone elses. But I'm doing something about it & I'm please they are too. This is far better portrayed than most programs xx

Its so easy to forget where i was 18 months ago, but this is bringing it all back its so sad xx

I think it is being portrayed quite well, no better or worse that any other embarassing bodies series. They have been on for a few years now so we know the format and what to expect so no surprises.

Dr Banerjee is on the programme? I have an appointment with him in a couple of weeks!

i cant understand why the gentleman who has a large stomach from steriods has been left by his doctor? there offering boob jobs on the nhs but have left him to live his life like this? its so wrong?

The lady that had the skin removed defiantly looked better but I think they could have done a better job on her boobs made them more pert. But nice to know it's not just us who get loose skin x

I really enjoyed the show as my partner doesn't go out of his way to get involved with what i'm going through so when hes slumped on the couch, Its the only time i get to force feed him the seriousness of it all....we both found it sobering and agreed that the bloke with the large apron should of been treated years ago... in this day and age why did his doctor let him suffer like that, its disgusting! he had to wee into a bucket.. and couldn't walk properly! 6stone of apron... his doctor needs to be held to account for making him suffer in that way!

well i dont no about anybody else but im embarrassed enough with clothes on never mind gettin naked for britain to laugh and judge me.....the programme should be ashamed of themseleves subjecting them to this for tv ratings instead of just for their best intrest and health by helping them!

found it really hard to watch but will keep watching its hard not too

I am not sure how I feel about the show . . . I guess there is no positive spin about being overweight so what they show maybe reflects what’s out there – I notice they ram home that the UK is the ‘Fatman of Europe’ and the % fat figures in the UK. The advice will always be simple – eat less and exercise more ! I don’t think the participants on this week’s show are indicative of the Supersize population as a whole – what I mean is when you walk around Sainsbury’s or ASDA doing your shopping on a Thursday night you see so many people who are obese (and would possibly benefit from surgery) yet the show looked to extremes – yes I know it’s about ratings ! The lady who lost 14 stone in 2 years is to be applauded but the resulting excess skin made me wonder if she would have been better losing less . . . the poor chap with the 6st 2lb apron has had the last few years of his life ruined – it really should have been addressed much earlier – I know that the Gvnmt / PCT shy away for funding abdominoplasty / panniculectomy and to a degree I can understand when it is purely cosmetic but this was clearly about quality of life – I cannot imagine what carrying such a weight will have done to his back.

when alls said and done ,on here we all have an interest in these shows,because we are close to the subject and hoping to connect with something on it or learn something,but we have to remember these are extreme cases and most people watching are not obese they are just watching tv,,thats what makes tv ,and the general public love extremes,we can feel for these people and its sad to see but i think as a nation we have a morbid interest in extremes whether its an obese man or a girl covered in hair,or warts, the good side is the people on it got help ,i must admit i did ,for a brief moment question myself when i see the ladies loose skin,but i still feel to be healthier far outweighs the vanity aspect for me,i can cover my skin,and live my life x

I enjoyed the programme and the people that go on it are very brave to do so . I'm fat coz I ate to much I know that and there are plenty of programmes out there about all walks of life and so showing the problems caused by obesity is a good thing as far as I'm concerned

Back