• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

emotional

daftmoo

Feeling very emotional today and out of sorts!
Whats wrong with me? I'm nearly 4 weeks post op, I haven't been sick, only mildly dumped twice, have no pain but I'm sitting here in tears. Cried when my boyfriend left this morning, and havent really stopped since.

Hi Sue, I'm new to this forum and have only just been referred for WLS so cannot comment from an experience point of view. But I should imagine the drastic changes you and your body have been through in 4 weeks can leave your emotions up and down for a while.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I'm sure this "down" feeling will pass.

Feeling very emotional today and out of sorts!
Whats wrong with me? I'm nearly 4 weeks post op, I haven't been sick, only mildly dumped twice, have no pain but I'm sitting here in tears. Cried when my boyfriend left this morning, and havent really stopped since.

Oh you poor thing its so horrible when you are feeling down. I am sure this will pass soon and you will be back to your old self. Many people post op have similar stories, you will feel stronger soon. Try and concentrate on the future and how fabulous and healthy you will be.....big hugs from me x

o noo im pre op but didnt want to read and run... im hoping your feeling better soon hunni your body has been through alot with surgery so im thinking time is a great healer hope you feel better soon xx

I feel like that today & I haven't just gone thru a major op!

Just be gentle on yourself misses, like Tango said lots of people say they're emotional for the first few months... your doing great guns & will be feeling fab in no time I'm sure. xxxx

Sorry to hear you are feeling low at the moment Sue. I have read this is quite normal as it is the hormones that are raging through your body as the fat is melting away. It will pass I am sure. Just cry if you need to and don't bottle it up. Take care.

I'm 2 weeks post op and am the same. Upset easily and crying at nothing. I don't have any advice but I am sure it is just part of the process.
X

Daftmoo, my provider warned me about this happening to me! Whilst you're sat there crying just remember this:

It's because you're hormones within the fat that is melting off your body are being released into your system! You're shrinking woman, now you can cry tears of happiness because this time next year you'll wonder who that gorgeous slim woman looking at you in the shop window is.. Oh yeah, it's you :) :) Hope this feeling soon passes for you xxx

Nothing's wrong with you ! It's very normal... your poor system has been through a lot and needs time to adjust, but believe me, the prognosis is sooo much better !

I found the first 2 months post op the most emotionally draining. You've got a new diet and new body to get used to and I was grieving for my pre bypass way of eating.

It's no wonder you're teary, you've been through a major op and it's bound to pay havoc with your hormones etc. Have a good cry, it will do you good.

xx

Thanks peeps,
woke up this morning and still feeling down. Dion't help that my car that i've only had a couple of months is back in the garage for the 2nd time so I'm now stuck at home in a village with a one hourly bus service that I can't use as I'm terribly travel sick, and the garage where I got the car from said the walking will do me good!!!
Sorry for going on but I'm so down

HI Sue. So sorry you're feeling so low. Gosh being without my car alone would make me howl. Poor you...and stupid garage people!
Sending a virtual hug and hope yu feel a lot better soon.
Charis x

HI,

I seem to remember going through the same thing about the same time as you, I think a lot of it is todo with hormones. I don't know if you have had a monthly or not but I basically came on as I was on the operating table I think and I know I felt out of sorts for quite a few weeks (apart from the op I mean).

If you need a good cry then let it out!! I always think it does you good in the end and don't beat yourself up thinking you should be on top of the world because you have had this op and should be as happy as Larry. I am still getting to grips with things 5 months on, life carries on around us and we have an awful lot to deal with.

Take Care

Paula

i remember those feelings well....sending big virtual hugs to you!

In the first few weeks post op it is a very emotional time, and like has been said you are suddenly getting a huge hormone release that was stored in the fat you are losing. Plus you have just had to make this MAJOR changes in your life.

I had to admit i had a weirdly emotional day a couple of weeks ago...ended up crying for no apparent reason lol

you'll get through it :)

OMG - the garage said WHAT?????

Get your car back. Get back to feeling good in yourself and then give them a piece of your mind. But don't do it whilst you're still upset. Revenge being a dish better served cold and all that.

Cheeky gits :eek:

I also felt emotional. Everything was wrong. Looking back I think I was grieving over the loss of a friend i.e food. Hang on in there you will come oput of the other side I promise.

Gararge have told me is was gonna be midweek before I got car back now its end of the week if im lucky

Back