• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back Pain !

Silversurfer

Hi all

I'm 3 weeks post bypass now, and was told i might get a pain in my left shoulder, apparently this is quite common and till now i've not had any so thought maybe i'd got away with this, but i now have it, feels like a stabbing pain in my left shoulder blade that comes and goes.

Does anyone else get this and if so how long does it last before it goes away ? or is there anything i can do to relieve this.

Thanks

Richard

:jelous:yes i definately had this i was told it was trapped wind and i think its true as when i burp the pain does subside, i did ask my doctor and he said its the wind putting pressure on a nerve which runs through the shoulder, i still get this 2 weeks on but not as bad just after i eat but again it goes when i burp, and also drinking peppermint tea does help.

hope this helps moe

Richard you need GRIPE WATER!!!! ( sold in any chemist or Supermarket in the baby section ) its a must for anyone having or has had surgery. It relieves wind pain which is what u have. Most of us have had it. Also get one of those beanie bags u can microwave heat it up as hot as u can bear have a few slugs of Gripe water and it will ease up a bit xxx

Yep def had the pain and still do get it now on and off. burping does help and have tried some of my baby's gripe water works a treat!!

Thanks guys, the pains not that bad and i can relieve it by wedging a cushion along my spine to take the pressure of, next time i go shopping i'll have a look for gripe water and give it a go.

Richard

Hi Richard, try getting someone to burp you like a baby this really helps it shifted mine pretty quickly, can come and help as long as I get to look at Ross Kemp :sign0151:

Another thing you might like to try is if you have those long radiators then when they are on, put a towel over them and then lean back against the radiator and you will see a bit of relief after awhile as the heat I find helps tremendously

Hi Richard, try getting someone to burp you like a baby this really helps it shifted mine pretty quickly, can come and help as long as I get to look at Ross Kemp :sign0151:

Your welcome to come round and burp me like a baby anytime darling :D
and as for Ross, ever since i saw him in that series he did about Afganistan curled up crying, i can no longer take him seriously as a hard man !

and as for Ross, ever since i saw him in that series he did about Afganistan curled up crying, i can no longer take him seriously as a hard man !

pfffft i thought i had first dibs. The sensitive side appeals to women ;)

Ok then, so myself and Shel can come to around to yours, one of us on winding duty the other stalking up and down the road waiting for Mr Kemp to drive down, Im thinking fainting in the middle of the road and getting him to give us kiss of life :sign0151:
.......I love it when a plan comes together!!

I am not willing to share. Sorry. He's ALL MINE!

And i thought it was me you were all after ;) he's not as good in real life as on screen honestly, without make up, unshaven and with hair you'd hardly recognise him. If i see him over the weekend i'll mention you lot are lusting over him, i know he'll find that amusing :D
As for my winding, i'm open to offers providing you provide the farleys rusk :D

R

Richard you need GRIPE WATER!!!! ( sold in any chemist or Supermarket in the baby section ) its a must for anyone having or has had surgery. It relieves wind pain which is what u have. Most of us have had it. Also get one of those beanie bags u can microwave heat it up as hot as u can bear have a few slugs of Gripe water and it will ease up a bit xxx

Ok i've given in an bought some gripe water to give it a try, though have to say its disgusting and the jurys still out if its working or not ?

Richard

Oh lord Ross kemp oh please Caroline you have certainly more taste than that dear. Now if it were Brad Pitt then i may come along for the ride but please lets remember this guy is in pain and needs our help more. Good going silver its great to see this site aint just for women and im sure you wil get all the help and advice you need. Love this site and people to bits.

Oh lord Ross kemp oh please Caroline you have certainly more taste than that dear. Now if it were Brad Pitt then i may come along for the ride but please lets remember this guy is in pain and needs our help more. Good going silver its great to see this site aint just for women and im sure you wil get all the help and advice you need. Love this site and people to bits.

Yeah thanks Chezza, you tell em, neglecting me for that weener Ross Kemp ! ;)

I kindly offered my services as chief winder and in no way was my mind on the fact that ross kemp came past his house with stubble on his face........ohhh god Richard can me and Mandy come this weekend, Chez doesnt like him, and Shell wont share ....he he he!!!
Seriously hun hows it going with the pain?

I kindly offered my services as chief winder and in no way was my mind on the fact that ross kemp came past his house with stubble on his face........ohhh god Richard can me and Mandy come this weekend, Chez doesnt like him, and Shell wont share ....he he he!!!
Seriously hun hows it going with the pain?

The pains not half as bad as the rejection over Ross Kemp ! ;) cant to be honest see what women see in him, i'm far better looking :D

To be honest i dont know him that well, we just say hello and chat about things if he's passing or i'm out the front loading the car, i was invited to a neighbours BBQ earlier in the year and so was he but i didn't go as i was out on my boat at the time and boating is far more interesting than hob knobbing with celebrities :D

Richard

Back