• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

endoscopy

vonnie38

Just wondering i have got my appointment with the surgeon on 5th september,i have to have an endoscopy.Do you have to wait for another appointment,or will i get it the same day.I'm not looking forward to it.:(

Hi each hospital procedures are different but i would presume that if you are told you need an endoscopy and then u have an app for that dept then quite possibly its for the procedure.Have you received info about the procedure a they would not do a procedure without informing you of the two different options for the procedure.To know for sure call up the no on the letter and double check that way you will def know for sure.|I have had 3 endoscopy's and each time i was sent info by post about the procedure x

Hi vonnie,
I had my appointment at SRH with the surgeon last monday 18th and was told then that I would need an endoscopy, I was also told by him that this appointment would be in around another 4 months and if this was clear & healthy I would be then placed on the waiting list and a bypass would follow 6 months after that - so around 10 months from surgeon to surgery

Thanks for replying roch.By the way you look amazing.Can't wait to upload shrinking photos of me.well done.:)

hi morningstar
Thanks for replying.Its good to know someone is near the same stage as me,and the same hospital.you have totally put my mind at rest.Hopefully we will be done around the same time.I'm just not looking forward to the endoscopy.It scares me more than the operation itself.Im just a big wuss really ha.:)

Hi I just had my endoscopy yesterday. I too was dreading it. It doesn't last long. Just close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. It wasn't painful at all. I won't lie it's not nice but as I say breath and focus on that and you will be fine 

I opted for the throat spray if that helps

Last edited:
I had my endoscopy at Sunderland 2nd September and opted for sedation. I found it a very quick proceedure helped along by the fabulous staff they were fantastic hope yours went well x

Back