• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy before sleeve

violetangel

Hi everyone

I am having my sleeve op next month and I'm a bit worried because lots of people who are having WLS, or who have had he surgery done, seem to have had an endoscopy beforehand. No one has mentioned it to me and I was wondering whether this has been overlooked, or whether they don't do it as standard for everyone.

:) thanks very muchly :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi everyone

I am having my sleeve op next month and I'm a bit worried because lots of people who are having WLS, or who have had he surgery done, seem to have had an endoscopy beforehand. No one has mentioned it to me and I was wondering whether this has been overlooked, or whether they don't do it as standard for everyone.

:) thanks very muchly :)

Hi there not every surgeon requests this I didn't get my operation date till after I had my endoscopy so you probably dont need one you could give them a call if you are concerned :)

Thanks ladies - feeling better already. I think I need to stop worrying and panicking!!!

Xx

Thanks ladies - feeling better already. I think I need to stop worrying and panicking!!!

Xx

Yeah you will be fine we all worry I went through so many emotions I didn't even know I had goodluck with your journey :)

Thanks Polyann xx

The way you are feeling and questioning everything is completely natural, I was so worried that something had been forgotten and it would prevent me from having my op but it Did go ahead! You'll soon be on the losers bench with me xx

Last edited:
Hey Hun, I didn't have an endoscopy before my surgery but I've had one before. I just had ECG, urine, blood test, general check over and questions and family history.

Ali :) x

Hey Hun, I didn't have an endoscopy before my surgery but I've had one before. I just had ECG, urine, blood test, general check over and questions and family history. Ali :) x

Thanks Ali -

I did ring up and ask my bariatric nurse and she said they don't do them as routine and only if they suspect a hernia or other problem.

I am just a worrier..

You're doing brilliantly Hun!! Keep up he good work and keeeep posting!!!

Take care xx

I did ring up and ask my bariatric nurse and she said they don't do them as routine and only if they suspect a hernia or other problem.

I am paranoid that there might be a parasite inside me that could cause complications. I've been reading online and its pretty worrying. They can cause fatalities.

I wonder if endoscopies are partly done to cover that possibility.

Back