• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy

I had just the spray without sedation. It was ok, you don't feel it go past your throat, just focus on something else while they are doing it, it takes approx 4 minutes. It really wasn't that bad x

I've had an endoscopy without sedation, just spray. I survived!

It is not nice, but its not painful. With spray you feel everything and gag uncontrollably until it is over. But I am needle phobic and would take the spray and gagging over the cannula in my hand!

I had the same a few weeks ago and had the spray without sedation.
It was uncomfortable but not painful although it was incredibly uncomfortable when they pumped my tiny pouch up with air! ( I did forewarn them i had a bypass thank god!)

I've had an endoscopy without sedation, just spray. I survived!

It is not nice, but its not painful. With spray you feel everything and gag uncontrollably until it is over. But I am needle phobic and would take the spray and gagging over the cannula in my hand!

To see if there is any hernias blockages which might cause complications x

Mine was because i have had a feeling of food getting stuck but i have to say it's nothing to do with having my bypass before you panic!
They didn't find anythin but i need to have a whole day with a pipe up my nose and through my osophagus to check for acids because i have GERD :(

Ah you may get your date any day if you've had liver seminar I only had 3 weeks notice so was virtually straight on liver diet. I'm doing ok not too much pain now. However first two days I was in pain mainly from wind it was horrendous the pains in my shoulder from it wasn't expecting that at all. Not too much pain from wound only when I stand up and sit down etc. hope you get your date soon and good luck x

OMG...I will be thinking of you
when I had this procedure a few years back for another illness...
I disgraced myself and with all the gagging I peed myself
So one tip take some spare knickers and trousers...

Oh and YES Sedation!!!!!!

Sedation it was!! And was still awful think if rather give birth again than do that again ha xx

I agree!!!!!! its truly vile isn't it :/

Well all i remember is not seeing anything and feeling out of it just constant gagging & burping but I felt the camera the whole time x

Didn't want to say before, but the tube they put down with the camera in it, I thought it would be thin and tiny, I swear it was like a hose pipe!

No fun with just spray!

Does everyone need an endoscopy prior to surgery ! ?? I've had one previously with the spray n hated having a vacuum cleaner down my throat. It was vile

Does everyone need an endoscopy prior to surgery ! ?? I've had one previously with the spray n hated having a vacuum cleaner down my throat. It was vile

I never had one.

Back