• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Errrrr started my milk diet.

Ah makes sense now. Still it is a win win if you crack it. Best of luck. :)

Having my revision op in June but I will have to pass on the milk diet, never been able to stomach milky drinks or yogurts since I was banded. Will be low carb / fat for me. Will be slumming the first week of the pre-op in Turkey ;) so looks like grilled fish and salad foR those 7 days lol.

Last edited:
Yup I am having the band removed and a mini gastric bypass. MGB. Sometimes these things happen so don't let me put you off. I just created a post in Diaries where you can see what happened.

Actually that holiday is pre op lol. We are away 3 weeks, the last week I will have to do a pre op diet, still makes me a jammy mare though hehe.

Indeed, I think sometimes we just have to take control back, if we can scrape up the cash of course. I did not go into how long I waited on NHS before I went private for my band. 2 years without an appointment after referral. If I was younger maybe I could wait but these are my precious years.

Good luck woth your journey. Hope you heal quickly and feel the benefits soon.

Chrissy

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what the milk diet is? And why is it done?
Hi Andrea
It's a diet that some providers require us to do pre-op to shrink the liver just before surgery. I had to do the milk diet for 2 weeks pre bypass and it was really tough. From memory (it was two years ago) I could only have 2 pints of milk and 2 yoghurt a each day plus sugar free jelly. Each provider has a different diet and a different version of the milk diet too. Not all providers require it. Also it's not something you should do outside of medical supervision. Although people often loose weight on this it's not for that purpose, it's specifically to shrink your liver so that it's easier to move it around during surgery.

Is it common for people to have to do a milk diet before surgery? I think I have a 'slightly fatty liver' (if that's even possible!) so am wondering if I might have to
Thanks
Meg x

Last edited:
Thanks nyc79! That's so helpful. Think I might be a bit dairy intolerant so it's possible I may end up in the same situation as you did but still a long way off at the moment. Thanks for answering my question so quickly and thoroughly xxx

Thanks! No plan at the mo (awaiting first NHS seminar) so am just absorbing as much info as I can hehe! xxx

Back