• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cheating on your liquid diet

Far from an idiot just human seems like alot of people on here are perfect I guess I must be trying to seek guidance from the wrong folks.. Smh.. When you can walk on water.. Perform miracles and actually lay down your life for a bunch of sinners.. Then you can pass judgement on me... The only one who was ever perfect was Jesus.. For those who wished me luck Thanks I really truly appreciate it.. I have been through alot of struggles in my life and I always overcome them this is another one I will over come. Positive thoughts and staying focused if you don't have anything nice to say KEEP THE BS TO YOURSELF!!!

If you don't want BS drod why come here? did you honestly expect tea and sympathy when you blatantly ignored your WLS teams advice on what is a critical part of the procedure? I am far from perfect and if you really did know me then you would know what struggles I have had in my life ... I could write a book. So that just doesn't wash. I came close in my weight management course to not getting my funding because I didn't follow the guidelines. I was in denial over my eating habits and got defensive when anybody broached it. I was clearly not ready for this then. It took a very harsh talking to from my then dietician to "face up" to the facts. I hated her with a passion but it was my wake up call and gave me 2 months thinking time before my initial met with my surgeon etc ... You do not have that time to think drod and if you can not take your teams advice seriously then are you really ready? Part of this journey is not only accepting you have issues but learning how to deal with them... It appears you have not.

The more I read this thread the crosser it makes me. If you think its BS is that because you wanted us all to say, 'there there you will be fine, start over and there won't be a problem???' because THAT would be BS. If you think that by giving you our personal experiences that is BS well you need to understand that all of us have been there and come out the other side.

We KNOW how hard it is, we KNOW that it takes work and determination every single mouthful is a battle with your head to do the right thing. I am determined NEVER to go back to what I was before and that takes effort every single day.

At the end of the day your body your choice, you are being given a chance and you seem not to have grasped that its not only the operation that is required to make the change to get the results you want.

I am not sure this is judgmental, it is from my side stating the facts. If your state of mind at this first hurdle is - I can't get through this I'll cheat it won't matter, you are setting yourself up for a really miserable time ahead.

I can't wait for the letter to drop through the post with a date for surgery ect so to here u will just dust urself off and try again! Does rather annoy me as some people r so despret for this surgery that is like a lottery and u don't seem overly bothered by it! Just another day! No I don't no how hard pre-op diet is I can only imagine but if u truly wonted it surly u would try harder? I am sorry u r struggling and I hope u get to where u won't to b but I think u need to rember there r prob hundreds of people that would willingly and gratefully take ur place on the list and who would b grateful for the opertunity!

what got me thru was saving the thing I liked most the sugar free jelly till the evening so I knew id get that if I got thru the day

I will add iv done it once 4yrs ago and not drunk milk since I found it that repulsive but still cant wait to start again

Ok, think we are going around in circles here, lol. You don't want to listen to experienced postoppers, that's up to. You want to call that experience BS, that's okay. It's a shame you don't seem to be in the right place to take it on board. I truly hope that you get the best from your surgery, and that you stick around and keep us up to date.

As I told you in another post, this is a UK based forum. It's not really in our culture to bring God in to conversation. Personally I find it offensive.

When I wrote stick to it from now on and you'll be fine I meant there is no other choice! I had one slip up and believe me I am not condoning cheating or trying to offer platitudes. What I was saying is you have to carry on and I know there are no garuntees that the liver will be shrunk or hard enough but you either cancel the op or you carry on. I was more cross with myself than any one else could be! I also read that it is the low calories of the pre op diet that shrink your liver as the glycogen stores are used up because your body goes into starvation mode - my calories were around 600. Despite this one slip up I am now 3 months post op, nearly 3 stone lighter and feeling better than i've ever done. Also I have stuck to the dietary advice to the letter since my one slip up on the pre op diet. So what I was trying to say was keep going, don't cheat again and good luck!!!!

Ok, think we are going around in circles here, lol. You don't want to listen to experienced postoppers, that's up to. You want to call that experience BS, that's okay. It's a shame you don't seem to be in the right place to take it on board. I truly hope that you get the best from your surgery, and that you stick around and keep us up to date.

As I told you in another post, this is a UK based forum. It's not really in our culture to bring God in to conversation. Personally I find it offensive.

Well I believe in God and I'm from the US. Don't know why that was a problem but that's my opinion just like everyone here has an opinion. I will stick to the diet and I will keep you all up dated since most of your are expecting me to fail. Which I personally don't care what any of your expect out of my this all began with a question. Didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me or cry me a river. Just some words of wisdom but I guess this thread has gotten out of hand sometime and quite offensive. I appreciate all the advice and lectures.. I'm going through with this surgery August 6th and I will succeed... My journey has only just begun..

When I wrote stick to it from now on and you'll be fine I meant there is no other choice! I had one slip up and believe me I am not condoning cheating or trying to offer platitudes. What I was saying is you have to carry on and I know there are no garuntees that the liver will be shrunk or hard enough but you either cancel the op or you carry on. I was more cross with myself than any one else could be! I also read that it is the low calories of the pre op diet that shrink your liver as the glycogen stores are used up because your body goes into starvation mode - my calories were around 600. Despite this one slip up I am now 3 months post op, nearly 3 stone lighter and feeling better than i've ever done. Also I have stuck to the dietary advice to the letter since my one slip up on the pre op diet. So what I was trying to say was keep going, don't cheat again and good luck!!!!

Thanks for the honesty and I appreciate your kind words..

The pre-op diet is hard (I did 4 weeks). Not only is it essential to ensure your liver is as small as poss so it doesn't get damaged but also that keyhole is possible. You wouldn't want to have an open procedure. It also ensures your head is in the right place for the even more difficult post-op diet routine.

I'm four weeks post-op. And as others have said, if you are not 100% in the zone and committed then postpone the op until you are focussed. The physical experience of the life-changing surgery is not that demanding (in my experience/view), but the head is another matter. Will you be able to commit to 125ml of bland fluid only every hour for 16 hours a day for two weeks? Then the purees for another two ... Any cheating post-op will potentially cause damage.

Good luck whatever you decide.

@drod78 just saw ur message, the pain isn't too bad and my incisions healed fairly quickly. I had a lot of trapped wind right up until week 3 which was unpleasant, actually more painful than the procedure. I was only in over night and was shopping week two got others to carry my shopping mind haha :D, my first week I must say I was emotional up and down a bit, one minute happy the next a blubbering mess, just such a massive change and a feeling like ur in mourning for food. Strange feeling but I soon got over it and can honestly say that I haven't regretted getting it done. Drink plenty fluids, eat the recommended portion sizes set out by ur provider, take ur pain killer if u need them, walk about helps with the wind ( If u get it) and take ur meds. Good luck not long now x

Back