• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Evenstarrs Pre Op Diet.

Evenstarr

I'm on day 2 of the milk and yogurt diet and so far it's been a lot easier than I expected.
I have my yogurts poured over sugar free jelly which is nice, and the rice milk I'm allowed to drink instead of normal milk is ok, it's pretty much tasteless so goes down quickly.
My brother in law cooked a Mexican feast on Thursday for my last meal and later on I had some lovely Brie and some Reeses peanut cups (2 of my favourite things).
The only thing I've noticed is I'm a lot tired er today than usual, I stayed up late and slept in, but I slept some more when I got up.
But all in all so far so good! :)

well done hun im on day 3 i was ill yesterday with bad head but feel fine today keep up the good work xx

You must be doing 14 days ?

yes but by choice as i only have to do 7 days but im scared of putting any weight on so i asked if i could do 14 days x

I'm on day 3 too, and have just spent an evening at a huge group BBQ and get together, I sat there, not even tempted by the food (which I was yesterday when cooking DSs dinner). Someone asked me why I wasn't eating and I said I can't ahead of surgery, but that I didn't feel hungry.

I actually sat there and thought . . I'm not actually hungry lol

I did wake up with a headache this morning, but its eased during the day and my energy has been up lots today, done lots of housework, washing, cleaning and even played badminton with my son at the BBQ lol

But, I did feel tired yesterday evening during the 2nd day.

Keep going evenstarr, it's count down for you now x

Well done hun, you are doing brilliantly! So excited for you as it's just days away now. Keep staying focused, you've got this :) x

Bless.you it will all be worth it op is only round the corner x

So pleased your not having withdraw symptoms
I used to freeze one of my yoghurts down really nice for a change
Good luxk

Yes I read that on another thread you posted it in, I've already put some in the freezer!
Thanks.
Em xxx

Emma , and others on the diet. It really is all worth it, as end result is the op that you have all been waiting on , and your new lives as losers!

Start my 2 week pre op diet tomorrow, milk and 2 yogs a day, I hate milk!! Will give it a try but may swop to rice milk like Evenstarr if I can't get it down. I know it's supposed to be semi skimmed milk but would it make that much difference if I have skimmed instead?

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking, I'm new to this thread and have my surgery on sept 4th with mr ackroyd I'm just trying to fun out if anyone else has had or is having surgery under mr ackroyd and what is required from there pre op diet etc. :)

67jax said:
Start my 2 week pre op diet tomorrow, milk and 2 yogs a day, I hate milk!! Will give it a try but may swop to rice milk like Evenstarr if I can't get it down. I know it's supposed to be semi skimmed milk but would it make that much difference if I have skimmed instead?

My pre op is milk only, the other option was yogurts only. I liked neither really but went with the milk as I couldn't go without my coffees, the dietician told me if I couldn't hack it then there was a diet to follow but is hard. The milk or yogurt takes the complications out of it I think. I'm day 11 on milk and have found the milk ok, milky coffees, vanilla essence with sweetener and milk jellies have all been good ways to take it. As for semi this will be because you'll need some fats in your diet. Speak to your dietician I would.
Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well I've been given a diet to follow which is basically 2 eggs for breakfast soup for
Lunch and either chicken or fish with veggies for tea but that doesn't feel like a diet to me when I hear about all these more extreme diets. That's why I was wondering of anyone else had mr ackroyd and if so why would we have different pre op diets x

Here's wishing you all the best for your pre pp down to the final furlong and the winning tape is in sight Keep going. Think little black dress for christmas

Well day 3 is almost over and I'm amazed at how say I'm finding it...this coming from an Olympic gold standard crisp eater!
My only problem is I can't seem to manage all the milk and yogurts, I've eaten 2 yogurts with sugar free jelly and drank about a pint of rice milk, and lots of other fluids and I'm uncomfortably full now....when I should be ravenous!

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking, I'm new to this thread and have my surgery on sept 4th with mr ackroyd I'm just trying to fun out if anyone else has had or is having surgery under mr ackroyd and what is required from there pre op diet etc. :)

I'm having my op with Mr Ackroyd on 20th August, he is renowned for been an excellent surgeon so you shouldn't have any worries on that score.

My pre op diet is 3 yogurts and 2 pints of rice milk a day, plus unlimited sugar free jelly and diet/no added sugar drinks and coffee or tea with milk from allowance.

Hope this helps
Em xxxx

You'd is similar to mine Evenstarr, except I'm on 2 pints, 2 yoghurts and no jelly. First day today! I have just weighed myself and after my piggy weekend I've managed to put on three pounds...............so ready to lose it now.

I've been struggling to get it all in too evenstarr ~ yesterday I felt a little hungry but that was because I was at home and lounging, but into the work routine and its much easier. But, by the time I drink water/NAS squash, I find it hard to get the milk in. Hence the milk jellies as it is one way and when my DS sits and eat I can eat one.

This one wasn't suggested to me by my provider, but am finding it much better than a low cal/fat diet, as such, I am using one that I got from the NHS and it should be 3 pints of milk, 2 small yoghurts, the "oxo" drink (that I struggle with!) and NAS jelly/squash. I do struggle to get the 2 pints in tho.

My day 4 was the hardest, yesterday, but Im back on track this morning altho I've only had 1/2 pint milk and 1 small milk jelly, 1 tea, 1 coffee, 1 pint milk. But Im so full up I feel like a water bomb LOL

how are you doing today?

Back