• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet

mazbrad

2 days now on milk diet, and my family sat here in room eating chinese :rolleyes:, how unfair are they, my hubby just commented " your willpower is good marie" anyone got a brick i cud throw at him. but i havnt flinched this op means more to me than food so bring it on . doing milk diet seems okay so far , started early op not till 26th but wanted to get into ready for op.

Husbands, don't you just love 'em!!! I can send you a brick if you still need it;) Maybe you could make the family mealtime into a pamper session for yourself - disappear up into a lovely bubble bath with a good book or the radio and leave them to it - make sure they clear it all away too!

Well done, be strong. Funny how it's not too hard when you know it's 1) for a fixed period of time, 2) what's at stake if you fall off the wagon.

be strong
i agree disapear at mealtimes and pamper yourself
you will get there

Mazbrad,

Keep going hun, its all worth it in the end. I agree with the disappearing act at meal times, ideal opportunities to pamper yourself. Make sure you drink extra fluids too so that when you do have your op you are well hydrated. Well done getting this far, I started my diet early too but as I live on my own I had no problems with others eating normal food.

Take care hun :) x

*get pompoms out* You can do it!! *cheers* :)

I'm really impressed with people's willpower - and very glad I'm single and live alone (though I do go out with friends a lot which I'm gonna have to stop next week - 4 weeks on the pre-op diet is gonna kill me *lol*)

So glad I found this place, everyone is so nice and it's great to have support from people who know where you're comign from.

this site is the link to the new me... family dont understand but on here, nobody judges ya, we all in same boat one way or other, we all share our thoughts , express our feelings , find great friends and help one another every step of the way, one big happy family and to be honest if it wasnt for this site i seriously think i wud of gave up, been one longggggggg journey to get this far but when u see the inspirational people on here it gives u hope and courage to keep on going. so thanks for sharing everyone xx

Hi everyone

I'm really struggling today :-(
I'm on day 6 on the pre-op diet. Its like that tv advert when everything i look at looks like forbidden food! This time next week I will be starting my new life with my band. I think this is going to be the longest week EVER!

Good luck to everyone beginning their journey ;-)

Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

just back from pizza hut. i as very good wasnt even tempted if im honest. when my daughter went to salad bar she brought me 6 slices of apple . so i used it as my fruit allowance .

macy i have coped so far only been 3 days mind, but i have so much to lose i think i wudnt risk it...meant to start pre op milk diet next tues but started monday so im geared up or it. i hope u manage to stick to it... it will be worth it in the end glllll xx

I am part of an all adult family at home and on the pre op diet although i say so far so good i am dreading the weekend and when they have sunday dinner exactly a week before my op OMG they are talking about takeaways as i write this grrrrrr lol

Aww ur all doing so great keep it up guys n girls xx carnt wait till I'm that near to my new life xx

Wow, pampering yourself at meal time is such a great idea! I wish I would have thought of that lol. Iv been sitting here in a pile of drool watching everyone else eat lol.

well done mate- with iron strong will like that you're guaranteed to succeed!!

If you are on the Milk diet and they let you have Low Surgar Jelly you can make a milky jelly which is ok and a bit different taste. I also put a tiny bit of decaffe coffee in my blender with the milk to make like shake. I was 4 weeks on the milk diet before my last surgery. lol

Rosebun.x

Hi guys I've been on my milk diet 5 days now and 2day I have been really hungry. Have found I've got a terrible headache that ive had since fri silly question but does anyone know if we can take pain killers? I'm on milk diet where I must have 4 pints milk, 2 pints of water, vibrio or marmite.
Optional: sugar free jelly, diet drinks as long as less than 7 cals and crusha milkshake no added sugar tea and coffee am doing this for 14 days. I have found some people are allowed fruit and yoghurts I guess it depends on the hospital ur under. Any help would be great. I'm being strong and got the will power but today been a bit hard! Especially when making my boyfriends lunch and tea. Good luck everyone we can do this thanks for reading luv kaz x x x

I took painkillers a couple of times as I had my period mid way though my milk diet. You are all doing so well, and as for working in a chippy - I bow to your great strength.

I founded it harder and harder head hunger wise as the two weeks went on, so the ones on four weeks, well I just don't know what to say. Keep it up, though, it is so worth it. I wasn't worried about dying at all while going down, just whether my liver would be small enough. WELL DONE !

Back